Front number plate re-positioning

captain

I've got a Sunset '03 JDM with square import plate.

I've ordered an black brushed aluminium grille to replace the ugly slats so the nose is coming off this weekend to do the grille and to replce the plate with a UK rectangular one.

I want to position it above the grille straight on to the nose under the Nissan badge with no mount and I've got a couple of questions:

1 - Cheapest place to get a regular white plate? Halfords seems about £14

2 - Has anyone fitted a black or yellow plate on a Sunset and if so, any pics?

3 - I guess strong double-sided tape is the best way to fix?

4 - Is it possible to remove front nose when street parked with no jack or does it need to be up in the air?

Thanks.

Mine is a jdm with a uk plate stuck directly onto the front bumper just above the grille.

Mine is positioned the same as Nixys. Not sure if the Halfrauds plates will have enough flex, I got mine off a member on here who ran a whole load off for the club and some show plates, forget the members name now :blush:

mine is a bog standard plate, nothing special. It's stuck on with industrial strength velcro off ebay - stuff they use to hang massive heavy tools on in vans etc. Not easy to pull off BUT it will come off and I can just stick a new plate on when it comes to changing it if i sell the car. I'll find the stuff and put a link up to it when I get chance.

I was thinking about doing something similar to yours Nixy, but I had a feeling behind the usual numberplate mount thing there were some huge massive great big holes in the bumper that are huge, big and massive. Mine's a UK but I guess they're the same (minues the washer jets).

Are these holes real or a figment of my over active imagination?

Looks B) without the mounting things...

I have the same setup like Nixy but its made out of vinyl and its legal! Just stuck it over the holes :teeth:

will post some pics up later

You cant get a legal plate made from vinyl, it wont have the official BS stamp on it. Craigsplates get close, they have vinyl plates that conform to the standards but dont actually have them (ie no BS marking), if that makes sense. I looked into getting them on my car, and for the purpose of not getting stopped they'd be fine, but technically they are not legal, on plastic plates are ;)

Shouldnt be mate, the fixings all go in via the front. Its a sod to get them out again though! The fixing that goes into the bumper (that the scew for the mount goes in), is a pesky thing that folds up and once its in, part of it spins around to stop it coming out again. I got one out without breaking it but the other one broke.

Plate with Halfords tape will be fine too :thumbs:

Once you stick one on with the halfords tpae though, it wont come off again without leaving residue thats a nightmare to get off, so if your thinking of moving it any remember that!

i'm tempted by a JDM plate off center :thumbs:

Sticky Stuff Remover !! ;)

p4527827_l.jpg

Great stuff, removes dealer sticker residue easily too!