Suspension geometry sorted!

Lincolnbaggie

Got a four-wheel alignment done a couple of days ago for the first time in 2 years since the KW's were fitted.

rear camber was -2.75 and -3.9 degrees :bang: No wonder it felt a bit weird on the road.

A set of eibach camber arms arrived at my mechanics next day and I've just picked it up - everything now aligned beautifully and it feels so different on the road again :thumbs:

Big thanks to Simon and Will at GG Steel Racing in Kirton - £225 all in incl the arms, fitting them and adjusting everything was a damn good price me thinks :teeth:

Now they reckon I need new ARBs to finish the job off properly :doh:

Geometry makes a much bigger difference than you ever think. Mine was only slightly out, but my rear wheels were both pointing off slightly to the side in the same direction (like / / ), and once it was sorted, it felt so much better! Amazing what you are missing if you dont get it done! Bit like a remap, small change can make all the difference to the driving experience :thumbs:

nice job neil, do you know how much the allignment would have been on its own? ill need mine doing after ive fixed it

The alignment check/adjustment itself was £45, but that was "mates rates", so no idea what they normally charge. They haven't got digital readouts and stuff, it's all done using hand-held camber gauges and laser lines on a scale. They only really use it for setting up their race cars so it's all portable, but I'ver done some work for them in the past so they are willing to do me a few favours :ninja:

Any news on when we're attempting to replace your suspension? This weekend is out I'm afraid (Sat is footie and Sun is E Mids meet), but I may have a spare day next week or the weekend of the 6/7th March? If you want a lift to the E Mids meet in mine on Sunday let me know :thumbs:

How about the front though,did anything need doing with that?

I have the KW3 coilovers and had the Eibach rear camber and toe bolt kit fitted a couple of weeks ago which brought the rears back to oem spec,but the fronts are a mile out.Going back to CS in a few weeks to have the Eibach front a arms fitted which hopefully will sort this.

How about the front though,did anything need doing with that?

I have the KW3 coilovers and had the Eibach rear camber and toe bolt kit fitted a couple of weeks ago which brought the rears back to oem spec,but the fronts are a mile out.Going back to CS in a few weeks to have the Eibach front a arms fitted which hopefully will sort this.

Surprisingly enough the fronts were fine once the toe was adjusted. I had planned on getting adjustable A arms, but the guys said wait until we find out if you need them and then said I didn't - saved me a few bob there! Also the rear toe bolt kit wasn't needed as the toe was adjustable enough as it was (but I have that as a spare now in case of future problems).

I was charged £45 when I went to CS,but it's £65 to the general public.

Ditto, got another tenna off that as it was his open day, but they did a great job, before and after printouts and asked me how I wanted it set up. That was just with OEM geometry though, not lowered or anything. Felt brilliant afterwards :)

I paid £50 inc vat for laser alignment last year at a local place - and they spent time with me to explain everything and offer advice on the fact the rears can't be adjusted........I'm going back to them again before the track season gets properly underway just to make sure all's good after having to use the zed in the bad weather and hitting my fair share of MAHOOOSIVE pot holes.

Was those for a laser type jobbie?

Its a John Bean 4 wheel lazer alignment machine :thumbs: Sure Mitz can ellaborate.

EDIT: Piccie stolen from Nurrish B)

Ah yeah had one of them done to mine too, cost me 80€ :( Strange thing though the guy working on it hadn't a clue about how and what he was doing really, just picked the model/type age and size tyres and the machine told him what to do :scare:

Not sure how good they would be then if the operator knows nothing and you come in with a set of aftermarket wheels... :surrender: