Hi, my name is Sarnie and.............

Sarnie

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could have a say when Sarnie reaches 20,000 :ninja::lol:

Not if your not online :p

We're going to remove posts in the Off Topic area counting towards post count - so good luck with the target ;):lol:

Oh that's just evil Chris :lol: You can't change the goal posts now

We're going to remove posts in the Off Topic area counting towards post count - so good luck with the target ;):lol:

Oh that's just evil Chris :lol: You can't change the goal posts now

Oh yes we can :teeth:

Why?

Are you saying that a post count is some kind of status? i just see it as a number, what benefit does this change bring to the club?

seems a waste of time to me.

Why?

Are you saying that a post count is some kind of status? i just see it as a number, what benefit does this change bring to the club?

We are not saying that its a status thing. Firstly its a 350z car forum, it would not be good imo to have members who have posted mainly off topic stuff with the highest forum post counts. It kind of sends out the wrong message to new members looking for a serious car forum. :)

And if you see it as just a number you wont be worried about it then if that change comes about? ;)

Why?

We are not saying that its a status thing. Firstly its a 350z car forum, it would not be good imo to have members who have posted mainly off topic stuff with the highest forum post counts. It kind of sends out the wrong message to new members looking for a serious car forum. :)

And if you see it as just a number you wont be worried about it then if that change comes about? ;)

its just a number but its my number :cry: its full of fond memories *sniff*

Why?

Why even bother going to effort of doing this.

What about M13KY's 6000 posts of 'moved', or what about anyone who has ever just posted a smilie or a one word post Where do you draw the line?

I'd suggest concentrating on doing things to improve the forum rather than nitpicking at something that has zero negative impact upon anyone at all.

If that change came about it would only be for posts posted in the off topic section and no where else. ;)

I'd suggest concentrating on doing things to improve the forum rather than nitpicking at something that has zero negative impact upon anyone at all.

And we constantly are trying to improve the forum, something the team has done very well over the last 4 years hence it poularity :)

But any ideas you have are welcome Liam :)

If that change came about it would only be for posts posted in the off topic section and no where else. ;)

Your ideas are welcome Liam :)

Thats your job. ;)

If you want to rule with an iron fist and eradicate the negatives, beware that by doing so that you may also be taking away a lot of peoples positive experiences of the site.

Whether you like it or not, this isn't a Triumph Spitfire owners club where we all meet up on Sundays in our tweed jackets and discuss the merits of Government policies and the taxation of our pensions. The vast majority of people on here are probably now sub 25 years old and use the site as a resource as well as a social interface, both of which are equally important to the sites existence. If you just wanted info i could use Wiki or my350z.com, if I wanted social there is Facebook/myspace etc. people who want both, come here.

All my own opinion of course.

Whether you like it or not, this isn't a Triumph Spitfire owners club where we all meet up on Sundays in our tweed jackets and discuss the merits of Government policies and the taxation of our pensions. The vast majority of people on here are probably now sub 25 years old and use the site as a resource as well as a social interface, both of which are equally important to the sites existence. If you just wanted info i could use Wiki or my350z.com, if I wanted social there is Facebook/myspace etc. people who want both, come here.

my opinion aswell :thumbs:

im just thinking that as silly as it is, by doing it, it will just **** people off and i dont see what's to be gained in doing it? Is there some way a reduced post count of the people who enjoy the social aspect of the club will benefit? In my mind a meet is a social aspect of the club, should we set all the meets sections up in the same way?

my opinion aswell :thumbs:

im just thinking that as silly as it is, by doing it, it will just **** people off and i dont see what's to be gained in doing it? Is there some way a reduced post count of the people who enjoy the social aspect of the club will benefit? In my mind a meet is a social aspect of the club, should we set all the meets sections up in the same way?

Oh well you obviously nknow better than me :shrug: