what exhaust?

jonty

Hi, i have a popcharger on order-and before i get the car over to abbey for a remap i was thinking about getting an exhaust system. I think its called a y pipe for the mid section? and a back box. Would like something that looks stock and sounds a bit better but not too loud! :teeth: but more importantly will help with more power when i get it to abbey. Is the y pipe and back box called a cat back system? Any help would be great! :D

If you want to keep a stock look then a K2 is the way to go. Also not too loud but gives you a better noise after about 3500rpm. Pair that with a Japspeed Y pipe and I think you will have what you are after!! :thumbs:

Its the same set-up I have and I am very happy with the sound, not sure about performance yet as haven't been to Abbey but trying to get booked in asap. :teeth:

i am interested in this thread as im considering the same mods. Will it pass an MOT or do i have to swap back every year?

1. yes

2. No

Scorpion is good and should be quicker to get, Japspeed have supply issues, scorpion better quality quicker delivery time, just my opinion of course ;)

If you want to keep a stock look then a K2 is the way to go. Also not too loud but gives you a better noise after about 3500rpm. Pair that with a Japspeed Y pipe and I think you will have what you are after!! :thumbs:

Its the same set-up I have and I am very happy with the sound, not sure about performance yet as haven't been to Abbey but trying to get booked in asap. :teeth:

cool, what kind of price are the k2 and japspeed y pipe? what make is the K2?

I dont realy have a budget, i dont want to spend loads but i have no idea how much it is going to be for this stuff? I was guessing about £200 for the y pipe and £300 for the back box? does that sound about right?

You are looking at Japspeed then, not particular amazing quality but good pieces of kit which alot of members run. I have the K1 but thats a bit hardcore for what your after, I think the japspeed Y-pipe is around £180 and the K2 is £300 ish.

Have a wee looky at this : viewtopic.php?f=62&t=23989

R

ive got a k1 (although really really tempted to trade in - damnnnnnnnn vibrations and 2-3k rev noise) BUT what actually is the purpose of the Y Pipe?

You are looking at Japspeed then, not particular amazing quality but good pieces of kit which alot of members run. I have the K1 but thats a bit hardcore for what your after, I think the japspeed Y-pipe is around £180 and the K2 is £300 ish.

Have a wee looky at this : viewtopic.php?f=62&t=23989

R

ive got a k1 (although really really tempted to trade in - damnnnnnnnn vibrations and 2-3k rev noise) BUT what actually is the purpose of the Y Pipe?

Connects the 2 cats to the single mid pipe which then connects to the back box.

Unless you go for a true dual system which has 2 mid pipes connecting to 2 cans at the end instead of a back box.

Top post off 3FIDDYZ first of all.... Very helpful jonty, shows you what to expect......

To put my two penneth in,

I have just had the Japspeed Y pipe and the scorpion Mid pipe and back box fitted.

Y pipe £119 delivered next day from Japspeed including some very nice gloves which I thought was a nice touch... Google them, bell em and ask for Ed and he will sort that.

For the Scorpion, PM CS on here, £360 delivered and again very good and helpful service. I had mine fitted by my local boy for forty quid. So a total layout of £519........Alternatively a trip to CS if you are within range of the Midlands.

Well worth it, sounds very nice, not too loud like the K1 but a nice raspy noise......

:thumbs:

Dave