Drivers side window trouble.

Harman350z

Driving to Norwich yesterday, lovely sunny day, car started to get warm so i lowered my window to cool off, so im driving about for an hour with the window fully open, get back to my office in sunny great yarmouth and find that my window would not come back up :thumbdown: ....

Usually if the window gets stuck half open i manually push the window down 1mm and then it would work again. no luck this time.

First thing i did was come on this site and downloaded all the guides, took my door card off, couldnt do the reset as you need the window up and door closed (not happening)..

Took my car to a really good garage that i use, PJ Kerly, and as i get round the corner i go over a speed bump and all of a sudden it works again, but left the car there anyways so they can look at it..

No idea what the problem can be but they will look at all possibilities for me.. :thumbs: good garage :)

Not so bad in the end, ill await to hear the problem..!

Will do Mike :)

Yes Ian, thats exactly what i used to do but the problem has since got worse, maybe from the winter.

I may get a new motor if they advise, but sure will not be going to the stealers.

I have a few quid set aside for the worst. :)

mat be worth pming ZMANALEX or R35LEE for window motor part. It will loads cheaper than Nissan or garage

Wasnt there a how to on here not so long ago about cleaning out a so called dead motor to make it work again. I think the brushes get all maky and no connection but a clean out makes them work pretty well again :thumbs:

i thought that too but couldn't find it

There is an excellent guide on the forum here for stripping and cleaning the motor and doing it all yourself.

I had the exact same problems with mine, and for now I just took the card off, reset the timiing, and sprayed a ton of silicon lubricant on all the wires, pulleys, runners etc whilst operating the window up and down.

That has been running fine for a week or so now with just one blip.

Will be doing the full strip down and grease up when the weather gets a bit better.

-Dave

Edited to add : viewtopic.php?f=35&t=30870