Scorpion

jamakalbi

my k1 would be ok for weekend use but day to day / motorway use is not going down well

not just this but the pipe vibrating against the subframe is really doing my nut in, making it feel cheap to drive

i am saving for skirts and lip at mo so dont wanna go balls out on a 5zigen / nismo yet

seen quite a few people with scorpions on here and thinking about chopping in the k1 and switching

what are they like over 3k revs??

also any fitting issues????

When I had my K1 fitted, I had a minor weld done to stop it vibrating on subframe - apparently it makes a huge difference ;);)

bet it does - its a joke at the moment

annoying cos the noise on accelarating i love but the 2-3k rev drone every day is at the end of the rd

When I had my K1 fitted, I had a minor weld done to stop it vibrating on subframe - apparently it makes a huge difference ;);)

bet it does - its a joke at the moment

annoying cos the noise on accelarating i love but the 2-3k rev drone every day is at the end of the rd

Take it to a decent exhaust centre or mechanic and they will sort out the vibrations for you - I think I paid £50 for fitting, including the weld - sounds great now - however it will always be loud (without vibrations) so if you dont like noise try another ;)

K1 is renound for being a cr@p piece of kit. Scorpions are ok at the budget end, I think they had some production line issues a while back but these have been ironed out.

Mine fitted perfectly and 10000 miles on, it doesnt miss a beat despite being on and off a few times. No vibrations or catching on subframe etc :)

Only thing I didnt like was the tailpipes as they are slash cut, so I swapped them :)

• 3 weeks later...

Only thing I didnt like was the tailpipes as they are slash cut, so I swapped them :)

Sorry - just catching up with this thread. What did you mean when you said you swapped them - did you fit the original tail pipes from the OEM exhaust on the new pipes?

You should consider a Blueflame Performance exhaust too. About £500 including a new Y-Pipe. :) I'm very pleased with mine and the person I bought it off had got it to replace their Scorpion exhaust as that thought that was a bit rapsy. I haven't heard a Scorpion one myself though so can't comment on that.