replacing rear re040 with re50's OK ??

yokomo

il report back soon as , should be OK as ive seent he tread patterns and they look the same but i guess only time will tell.

had a good ole scour on ebay too , found 1 re040 that looked in good nick but thats about it.

so anyone with re040's on still better hope they all go at the same time if this turns out funny !

I'll add my two pence worth.

I have to say I agree that running mismatched tyres isn't a great idea but it is much better than havin'g worn out tyres. If it makes sence financially to replace the rears now and the fronts in a few months then do that.

Having said that, you said you were quoted £340 for the rears. I got a set of 4 Falkens (912s - not the best but good value I think) fitted, balanced etc for £440. Why not pay the extra £100?

right there on ..... coming out the garage and it was a er interesting for the first 1/4 mile or so it was all skiddy .... then mould relase and other newness cleaned up .

seemed fine the rest of the way home in the **** rain , tread looks pretty much identical so im happy atleast.

lol , love the bit about rear tyres subject to relativly low wear rates !

il have to rember that next time im at a track warming them up :)

Yeah, quite the opposite for me and I've been nowhere near a track :drive1 My fronts have hardly worn at all in the time I've used up the rears.