Z Meets in general - Wales 2010 in particular

ATTAK Z

I joined the forum just after the last Yorkshire meet at Howden and, having looked at the thread and the piccys there, I can see that I missed a good day out. I have booked into the Wales meet in May but I'm still unsure of what happens on a big weekend meet like this. If someone can give me a brief agenda for the Wales meet I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance :)

PS I have read the relevant threads and know about the venue etc. :thumbs:

The best way to get a feel for it is to read the post Wales threads from last year and the year before. Its a great meet not just the drive out but the chance to meet the other loonies on the forum and put a 3 headed face to the forum geek behind the keyboard!

Dont forget to consider the Scottish Hoon run also - a lot of people take out a few days and make a week of that one ;)

Re: agenda for Wales I am sure one of the mods will be along soon with all the info :D

Its a great weekend and one of the best meets on our calendar. I travel down on the Friday and we have food and drinks in the evening. The Saturday drive out is traditionally a little quiter but the format is changing this year. The Sunday drive out is a great spectacle. The people, especially the kids are out on the streets waving as 60 + zeds go through.

Its a great mix of meeting other members and having a drive on some of the best roads in the country. :#1:

Just to elaborate as to what Stan and Mart have said, as I know the first time at Wales, you can seem as if everyone knows whats going on except you, I did the first time before I got there and asked a million and one questions. As we have had quite a few now, us old timers forget that newer memebers dont know what its all about and can easily be confused. This used to be a one day event, but as numbers have grown we moved to two days, mainly as Saturday is a bit quieter and easier going for us Mods as we dont have to concentrate on sheperding cars so much and can relax a bit more. Its up to you if you do Satuday and/or Sunday, they are definately two seperate events, although most make quite a big journey and do both.

For me, I go up on Friday night like Mart, which is generally a quiet catch up in the hotel (Moreton Park this time, make sure you are booked in on our thread), some dinner and drinks. People arrive at all times so we generally just hang at the bar and meet up for a very informal chit chat.

Saturday is normally a gentle start, have breakkie and catch up with everyone. Head on out for the day, generally a stint of driving, stopping now and again for photos, lunch etc. Back to the hotel in the afternoon, wash the cars, and head on off to grab some food and a good natter with others that have joined through the day and into the evening.

Sunday is the main event. Bit of an earlier start than Saturday, get up and out and meet up with everyone else thats arriving just for the day. Head out on the main run, probably in 3 groups this time. One of the mod team or other respected member will lead a group, but make sure you have a good co driver as we have been known to go wrong! Definately dont just follow the chap in front, know if they are right and wrong and if they are wrong, flash them, but make the right turn! We will stop a few times, have lunch, and generally have a damn good drive. Its generally a longer drive than Saturday so get back to the hotel later. Some stay the night (I am) and some head home. For those that stay, we just have a quiet drink and bit to eat. And Monday morning is head home time.

Other details will be released closer to the time, like the routes for Sat and Sun and meeting points etc, so dont worry, you will always know where to be and when :thumbs:

Just to elaborate as to what Stan and Mart have said ....................................you will always know where to be and when :thumbs:

Most informative ,,, thanks Chris ......... I'm looking forward to meeting you all

I missed last years run due to something or other,,, anyway,,,its a great day out or weekend if you do both. The roads are brill

and meeting people and seing people's faces as we roar past at 70 mph exactly, is superb. :lol:

The only negative point is, I always come home needing to buy everything I get to see on everybody else's car that I want and am jealous of..... :D

Hope to see you all soon, this year I will be heard also, now my jdm exhaust has gone to exhaust heaven... RIP!!!

Dave

Wales last October was my first real event with the club and, like you, I was a bit unsure what it would involve. At the end of the day, it was so well organised by the team that you could just relax and enjoy the great drives - they have a knack of letting everyone know when and where they should be without sounding like school teachers. Only problem I had was remembering who everyone was - user names, real names and cars all blend into one when there are that many in one place. I just ended up calling everyone "mate" and it seemed to work! Worth booking into Moreton Park so you can spend time with everyone and definitely worth making a full weekend of it :thumbs:

You will find we all eventually stand around at the end of each day watching Shire wash his car three times and taking the mickey out of him, followed by drinks and dinner!

Oh, and be careful who you follow, as those that plan the routes don't necessarily follow them ;)

It will be brilliant and I can't wait :drive1:gathering::drunk:

(and I'll be heading over there on the Friday afternoon if anyone wants to convoy from the East Mids)