Twin Turbo System.

Alex

tell you what, sent an email to TRUST Japan asking about it, nothing on their website. Will see what they say. Could well be to be the case of it being a kit only designed by Greddy USA.

that email could well be just to Greddy USA, (or even the Australian one) and not the parent Japanese Company?

Guest prescience

Back to normal now with ISP :yahoo:

Another issue even if you do get a positive response from the parent company is that the attractive pricing available from the States for the GReddy kit would likely no longer be available and it would almost be bound to be more expensive sourcing from Japan

Guest prescience

I wasn't thinking so much of shipping costs but rather that the unit cost of the kit will be much lower for the LHD version since it will be produced in larger numbers

I wasn't thinking so much of shipping costs but rather that the unit cost of the kit will be much lower for the LHD version since it will be produced in larger numbers

I wasn't just talking about shipping costs. I was talking about importing the kit. I.e. if it exists, in Japan, for example, it could be imported by a US Company, and sold to a UK buyer in Dollars, still saving money, i'd say.

Tech has got a very busy Aussie forum, but don't know of specific Aussie ones.

Guest prescience

I wasn't just talking about shipping costs. I was talking about importing the kit. I.e. if it exists, in Japan, for example, it could be imported by a US Company, and sold to a UK buyer in Dollars, still saving money, i'd say.

Tech has got a very busy Aussie forum, but don't know of specific Aussie ones.

OK, yes that would be an option but one further thing is that as I noted earlier it is well known that the GReddy US kit is basically a tuner kit and those other parts I listed earlier are practically essential for a safe install. Assuming a RHD kit does exist and can be imported (via US or whatever) you still need to be assured that those essential items will work/fit the RHD kit. The more you pick up this stone, the more stones you find underneath :surrender:

I did have a look earlier on the Aussie sub-forum of tech and there are posts which refer to a GReddy kit in Oz in very vague terms but it doesn't seem as if anyone has done it. Richie (equibs) would be a good man to advise

Guest prescience
tbh anything can be done, even customising a Greddy kit. It all depends on how deep your pockets are.

Ultimate Velocity (Uk Tuning Company in Leicester) offered a Greddy kit installation way back in April (when we were at Donny), so it can't be that hard. They assured it had already been done a few times.

www.ultimate-velocity.co.uk iirc

I agree, but rather someone else than me ...

and

I'll believe that when I see it

Thanks for all the replys guys. Will look into it more. E-mailed WRC and got a rough pricing of 14-16k to be able to handle round about 600BHP+ this being a stroker kit shipped accross also. But im considering just getting a standard twin-turbo because its not exactly going to be slow, and I dont want something crazy fast already, cause it means in the future any car I get will be compaired back and regarded as slow :S so I dont want this to happen. So this will need to be considered also.

Thanks for that too rev good to know that there is somewheere localish too, might take a drive through and see whats what, I like to get a feel for a place by visiting and its alot closer than travellling to England :teeth:

Oh yeah guys, forgot to mention - with a twin-turbo whats the deal regards to spooling up / down. Do I need a turbo timer? I heard that apparently it interferes with the alarm or something so if I got one does that mean that my alarm / immobilizer couldnt be used because if the only other option is stilling in the car waiting for 2-3minutes everytime I start it up / turn it off dont think it would suit be. As im not the most patient of people :scare:

Hi

Don’t really need one. Just take it easy for the first mile or so until it nice and hot. When you are coming to a stop just take it easy for the last mile or so and all should be fine.

This is my 4th turbo car I have had and never had a timer on any off them and all have been fine

And yes it will interferer with the alarm

I'd go along with urbanmyth, my previous car was a turbo and it was fine if you drove it off boost for the last few minutes before reaching your destination to cool down.

Unfortunately this was also the best bit if my journey so I arrived at the office on more than one occasion with smoking brake disc's etc and strange looks from the security guard and the odd question of "whats that burning smell?" :blush:

Had to sit in the car park for it to cool off......

haha. So mantientence on that front isnt high up. Thats good too know, as I take it easy when starting up from the engine being cold anyway, so I would just have to get used to doing it when coming to a stop.