I HATE F***ing Gritter Lorries!!!!!!

sparky370z

coming home from Middlesbrough i en-counted 3 gritter lorries!!!!!! all in the middle lane doing about 60MPH,

i had to do this journey and i like to drive my Z though the winter months.

now the question is, do you:-

a) cane it past and get battered hard but only bare it for a short blast

or

B) go past really slowly and then get peppered for ages

i chose the first!!

Sparky

I meet gritter lorries regularly on the road to work. It's a country road so if it's coming the other way I have to get peppered. If it's in front I just hang well back and take an extra few minutes to get to work or home.

I'd much rather see the gritters out and know that the road won't be icy.

I said in another topic, Gritters are damned as they do, damned if they don't! You'd be going nuts if you spun the car because the roads hadn't been gritted.

I drive an old landrover in winter though so I don't care! ;)

hmmm,

yes taking the hard shoulder IMO is a massive mistake! full of crap/glass/metal bits! plus a fine if u get caught using it illegally!!

i understand they have to be out and it would be awesome if they stopped as a Zed went past!

Damned if they do damned if the dont- I agree

I approach slow then welly it as soon as the projectiles start hitting! :lol:

I hate them also :thumbs:

+1 my way also.

the other option, which i use, is the slip lane race. go up and down a junction if the roads are quiet. the gritter only does like 50mph so its easy to get past in time. just means you have to sit waaaay back untill you see a junction coming :dry:

I approach slow then welly it as soon as the projectiles start hitting! :lol:

I hate them also :thumbs:

+1 my way also.

the other option, which i use, is the slip lane race. go up and down a junction if the roads are quiet. the gritter only does like 50mph so its easy to get past in time. just means you have to sit waaaay back untill you see a junction coming :dry:

yeah best bet , peronally i think all griters should turn the spreader off every now and again to let peopel past !

tbh hang back or take an alternate route, if you really love your Z you wouldnt fly past, not only does it increase the speed at which the stones hit your car its dangerous... why not just hang back? Or better yet come off and take a diff route... maybe a detour so you can enjoy the Z more by driving it longer! Just my opinion!