How to fit a Nismo N1 spoiler *Pic Heavy*

350 Russ

I decided to fit this myself to save a bit on bodyshop costs and also it means i dont have to lug it down there on the passenger seat!

I started by masking up a centre line through the middle of the boot lid and took some measurements and got an exact centre line,

002-1.jpg

after I did this i marked up the centre of the spoiler and lined them up making sure at all times that all the measurements were equal on both sides

003.jpg

004-1.jpg

once i was happy with the positioning of the spoiler I put some more masking tape over all the bootlid where the edge of the spoiler would be and drew a line around the outside of the base of the spoiler

006.jpg

this is the horrible bit! I took the measurements off the spoiler for the boltholes and transfered them to the bootlid! take every measurement at least twice! you really dont want to get this bit wrong! 007.jpg

009-1.jpg

I drilled all the holes after i finished marking up with a 6mm drill bit which suited the bolts i was using just fine! 010-1.jpg

After i drilled those bad boys i lifted the bootlid and drilled a 20mm hole on the underside of the lid for the 2 bolts that are nearest the rear window (nissan kindly already put holes for the other 2) 012.jpg

I used a paintbrush to paint primer over the bare metal on the holes ive drilled to keep away the dredded rust! I also applied some silicone grease around the holes to keep water out, its only temporary but i didnt want anything that would set so the bodyshop can get it off without damaging it! then its just a case of put the spoiler on and bolt it up!014.jpg

015.jpg

017.jpg

016-1.jpg

Bobs your uncle! jobs a gooden!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...