HELP!, with incartec steering wheel adaptor

jasonlycett

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, wondering if someone can shed some light on something for me, I've been installing my InCarTec lead today and I've come toa bit of a stumbling block, I've sorted my new Earth, got the 3 wires linked together, soldered and heatshrunk. But out of the white block there's 2 wires that have no plug on them (with black and white, blue and white insulation) any ideas what they are for?

Ok, wondering if someone can shed some light on something for me, I've been installing my InCarTec lead today and I've come toa bit of a stumbling block, I've sorted my new Earth, got the 3 wires linked together, soldered and heatshrunk. But out of the white block there's 2 wires that have no plug on them (with black and white, blue and white insulation) any ideas what they are for?

If you mean the two wires that are coming from the cars original harness, then you do nothing with them.

I didn't and everything is fine, I think they have a different purpose than audio.

By the way, if people are wondering what happens when you fit the aftermarket steering wheel control lead, this is what the buttons end up doing:

IMG_0251.jpg

The wire's i'm talking about are coming from the white block that go between the white block and the black ISO connector. You can just about see them in this stock image from the sexton website (Wire G and H)

There is a thread about the wiring on this forum here but it states that the Bluet and white wire go to wire J on the ISO loom (and I can't see a wire J on the pics) and that the black and wire wire goes to ground? Dunno if this is correct?

Has anyone got the 29-674 with 29-007 to work with a bose system? I am getting really low volume with a pioneer avic f910bt. I have a 2008 model, my steering controls sort of works - seek button 50% functional, only seeks track backwards either when foward or reverse button is used on steering wheel control. I have had to modify the 29-007 (by removing a wire loop) to get it work to this stage as previously it didn't work at all and was unusable.

Has anyone got the 29-674 with 29-007 to work with a bose system? I am getting really low volume with a pioneer avic f910bt. I have a 2008 model, my steering controls sort of works - seek button 50% functional, only seeks track backwards either when foward or reverse button is used on steering wheel control. I have had to modify the 29-007 (by removing a wire loop) to get it work to this stage as previously it didn't work at all and was unusable.

I had to order from ICT direct for the steering control loom and it's working with no issues.

As for volume, you need to get two line boosters for the Pioneer, they are £9.99 each.

join the power leads of the boosters and splice them to the red ACC wire on the Pioneer loom and join the two black wires to the black ground wire on the Pioneer loom.

Voilá, full volume.

I had to order from ICT direct for the steering control loom and it's working with no issues.

As for volume, you need to get two line boosters for the Pioneer, they are £9.99 each.

join the power leads of the boosters and splice them to the red ACC wire on the Pioneer loom and join the two black wires to the black ground wire on the Pioneer loom.

Voilá, full volume.

Really works like factory Bose sound? Have you got a part number for this ICT line booster? I have been in contact with ICT with regards to this sound issue and steering wheel control and they didn't mention anything about this line booster.

ian.lewkowicz did you use outputs from the pioneer headunit :

1. the speaker outputs (LF + & -, RF + & - etc...) or;

2. the rca outputs?

and you have the bose system? what yr is your car?

I have rca inputs on my wiring harness 29-674 which essentially are speaker input wires, and used the 2 rca outputs from headunit. Just wonder whether if i used the actual speaker outputs from the headunit might work?

I have used the RCA output from the stereo for front and rear speakers (not got any RCA's in my Sub RCA Output yet and I have used the RCA leads on the InCarTec lead plugged into these and it seems to work fine.

I do have the BOSE system yes, my car is on an 04 plate

Have you tried following this thread to ensure the wiring is done correctly? Have you joined the blue/white on the InCarTec wiring lead to the remote wire from the stereo and black/white lead on the InCarTec wiring lead to the ground from the stereo? Think this powers the amp?

You guys not read this thread at all?

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=19787

It has quite alot of useful info.

Sometime you'll need line boosters, sometimes you don't, depends on the headunit entirely.

and in regards to the steering wheel control loom:

I know the sextons direct web site says for the Pioneer to use 29-007 however the correct one is actually the 29-020.

I had the 29-007 one, which didn't work correctly, but then ordered the 29-020 off ICT direct, and it worked straight away.

Contact ICT on 01392 829435

Hope this helps

ian.lewkowicz I pretty sure everything is all wired correctly as I am getting power and sound. just not loud. i think i have read on some other thread that people experience this with bose systems and need to use pac roem, something or other.

BulletMagnet Problem is I ordered my steering wheel control from ebay and i'm in Australia and it's a hassle to go through ebay for refund, resend etc... Have contacted ICT directly and they did advise me a 29-020 will work, but in the meantime before ordering it, they advised re-connect a black cable which was instructed to be 'cut' for pioneer headunits. So going to give that a try.

Thanks all for your input

ian.lewkowicz I pretty sure everything is all wired correctly as I am getting power and sound. just not loud. i think i have read on some other thread that people experience this with bose systems and need to use pac roem, something or other.

I used two of these to boost the volume on my Pioneer, one for the front speakers and one for the rears.

ICT Product Code 23-007

23-007.jpg

I used two of these to boost the volume on my Pioneer, one for the front speakers and one for the rears.

ICT Product Code 23-007

23-007.jpg

just wondering, by using those did your sound seem distorted?

looking at the photo, looks like you have to use the pre-outs from the headunit and rca for speaker inputs from the 29-674 harness?

and just do all these fit behind the dash/headunit!? :scare: i'm already struggling to get making everything fit :surrender:

Quick question regarding cutting the wires from the origional harness and soldering one end whilst taping off the unused ends -

Can you use scotchloks instead? I know there is inherent vulnerability with these, but in theory will it allow you to tap of the existing harness without having to cut the 3 wires in the loom? Or will that not work for any reason?

Thanks