Spacer advice please

Cragus

Hey guys - a few words of advice or pointing in the correct direction if possible.

I picked up a set of 20mm spacers on the site for a reasonable price the other night. Here are some pics.

DSCF0580.jpg

DSCF0579.jpg

I was wondering if anybody can recognise the make of these spacers - thought the pink plastic trim might give it away hence the reason I haven't taken it off yet.

Secondly I am going to get another set for the front axle but will it be ok to put them on the rear only for now?

Lastly can someone tell me how easy they are to fit? I don't know my a*se from my elbow with hands on stuff but I am willing to try. :lol: I managed a pop charger. Some instructions or a point to a guide would be nice! :thumbs:

Hey Cragus.

Not sure on the make but they dont look like the eibach Pro's which are the most common round here.

The plastic ring is just a spigott ring to adjust it to the bore of the car its being fitted to. If you bought them on here it will be the right size spigott.

Fitting couldnt be easier, but try to copper grease the back of them before fitting, and only torque the nuts upto 105 - 110. Any tighter and you'll round them off when removing.

...and you will be fine with them just on the rears.

mine never came with a spigot ring, but they were eibachs.

i also didn't use copper grease, am i going to be screwed when i come to take them off?

Just put a very light smear on, otherwise you could have a bugger getting them off again. A common problem when you mate alloy with steel. :)

mine never came with a spigot ring, but they were eibachs.

i also didn't use copper grease, am i going to be screwed when i come to take them off?

Just put a very light smear on, otherwise you could have a bugger getting them off again. A common problem when you mate alloy with steel. :)

i'll have a look when i refurb the wheels

I think a light smear on the back, and a tiny bit on the contact point where the hub sticks out if its metal. I guess if you don't have plastic spigot rings in your spacer there it won't be an issue.

Had these on my Fiat coupe, and like Beavis says, they can be a b*gger when you need to get them off :wacko:

Ok so I went out to fit them - got them on the bub with no problem - torqued them up. All going well.

The wheel wouldnt sit against the plate - the central circular metal ridge seemed to big for my Standard Rays. Perhaps spacers for bigger wheels??? :shrug:

Ok so I went out to fit them - got them on the bub with no problem - torqued them up. All going well.

The wheel wouldnt sit against the plate - the central circular metal ridge seemed to big for my Standard Rays. Perhaps spacers for bigger wheels??? :shrug:

:surrender:

I'd be suprised at that... Who'd you get them off?

Have you taken them off and tried to sit them in your wheel while off the car? (Just it can appear that they dont fit when you're trying to hold the wheel up etc...) :)

I even tried just the spacer against the wheel and still it didnt fit - the circular metal ridge in the spacer was just too big. It turns out the person who sold me them has 19" wheels so this may be the problem as at present I have standard rays.

I have contacted Eddz350 to see if he will accept them back as he said they will fit so hopefully I can return them and look for spacers all over again.

I have the copper grease and the torque wrench now so all I need is the parts :lol:

Second that - Eibach make good quality prodcts too :)

Eibach or H&R would be my choice ...

On my 20VT Coupe the H&R fit was closer than factory on the hubs, and they took a pot hole big enough to buckle a 6 month old alloy without damage to the hub centric spacer.

Light wieght and well made products :)