ZUNSPORT GRILLE INFORMATION

Husky

If you wish to be part of the group buy for this grille please add your name to the list in THIS thread.

Current update (05/02/10): The grille will be posted to me for fitting and pictures of the finished article, arrives 12th :thumbs::teeth:

When there for final measure up today (5th) they showed me a mazda MX5 that had been freshly fitted, i took some photos as i thought it looked first class :) I didnt take any pictures of the zed grille as it hadnt been coated yet so didn't represent the finished article

P1020921.jpg

P1020923.jpg

P1020925.jpg

INFO:

Zunsport website

test.jpg

Zunsport do not just make grilles for the retail market, they have been making grilles for automotive manufacturers for 10 years. So personally i feel comfortable in the R&D that's gone into them. I have added a couple of examples below:

Bentley

Bentley%20Continental%20GT%20Front%20View.jpg

Jaguar

Jaguar-XF-S-Diesel.jpg

QUESTIONS:

Husky I've just thought of an issue that Zunsport may be able to take care of when you next go to see them. I did a track day yesterday and of course I needed to fit the front towing eye. I don't think the grille they do for the Z has a hole for this. Can you ask them if it's possible to make a small, trimmed hole in the mesh under the numberplate so the eye can be fitted with the grille in place? Otherwise it will mean removing it...

If there is a batch of people who want a hole for the towing eye this can be done but it would need to be stated when ordering, this is no problem. However the grille is removable in the event you need towed.

Surely placing one grille on top of another grill will reduce the airflow further than having a single pressed mesh directly in front of the radiator?

R

We know Nissan have designed the stock grille to allow adequate airflow to the radiator, the zunsport grilles have been tested by automotive manufacturers to ensure they do not impede this airflow. The flat mesh grilles have been found to impede air flow.

does this mean no bumper removal, but I guess you need to get under the front of the Zed?

No bumper removal and no need to get under the zed, it fits over the top of the existing one from the front. hence the short fitting time :thumbs:

BENEFITS:

Allows free air flow :thumbs:

Is easily removable and leaves no evidence for sale of car :thumbs:

Is woven stainless steel and has the professional look used by top automotive manufacturers :thumbs:

no bumper removal

relax_it%27s_all_good.jpg

no stock grille removal

stock-photo-old-and-rusty-hacksaw-on-a-white-background-33976459.jpg

no bonding agents

coyote-glue.jpg

no water bottle for the pet rabbit ;)

31146.jpg

Surely placing one grille on top of another grill will reduce the airflow further than having a single pressed mesh directly in front of the radiator?

R

We know Nissan have designed the stock grille to allow adequate airflow to the radiator, the zunsport grilles have been tested by automotive manufacturers to ensure they do not impede this airflow. The flat mesh grilles have been found to impede air flow.

You also forgot to add it costs £100 for a bit of shiney chicken wire, I would expect at least 20bhp worth of better air flow for that :lol:

Only messing mate, the finish looks very good :thumbs:

R

You misunderstand, this doesn't look like chicken wire, that's the point. :thumbs:

Also to clarify, this is the

Portal » Forum Index » 350z Forums » Modifications » Styling section

not the

Portal » Forum Index » 350z Forums » Modifications » Performance section

Woah, does this mean no bumper removal, but I guess you need to get under the front of the Zed?

Im now giving serious thought to getting this grille...

no mate, no bumper removal and no need to get under the zed, it fits over the top of the existing one from the front. hence the short fitting time :thumbs:

personally i am going for black. i like things looking subtle so decided on that :thumbs:

by the looks of things, polished suits darker colours and black suits light?? we shall see :) personal taste all the way i think.

thats such a shame they did that martin. they have to start from scratch with a new template for it but still turning people away is a shame.