Running 20's with Spacers

geoff-r

After reading a few threads on here I'm more than confused about spacers and offsets. Hopefully I should be picking up a set of 20's on the weekend, we'll see. I would have gone for 19's as a first choice but at the moment I just don't think I can be bothered to import a set of TE37's.

Anyway, the sizes and offsets of the 20's are:

20 x 9.5 +45 front

20 x 10.5 +25 rear

And I understand the standard Rays 18" wheels are +30 front and +33 rear. The car is at standard height at the moment and need to gauge some sort of idea as to what I'd need to do to the spacing in order to get the wheels sitting nice.

Cheers mate, gotta say nice height with 20's on standard suspension. You say they have a 20 sidewall? As in the profile is 20?

Yep 20 profile. I actually think the rear could do with being a little bigger, possibly 285 on a 10" wide rear instead of 275. Seems a little stretched but thats what the previous owner had been running and didn't have any issues.

I run 20 x 10 (25 offset) on the rear with a 285 x 30 R20 tyre. Mine is lowered on Eibachs (approx 28mm) with no rubbing on the standard arches in any situation I've faced.

The stance is pretty good in my opinion.

I run 20 x 10 (25 offset) on the rear with a 285 x 30 R20 tyre. Mine is lowered on Eibachs (approx 28mm) with no rubbing on the standard arches in any situation I've faced.

Stew, mind posting a pic? I'm interested to see the comparison between the standard ride height and lowered.

Stew, mind posting a pic? I'm interested to see the comparison between the standard ride height and lowered.

have to say stews wheel, offset, tyre, ride height combination is the nicest ive seen by far :thumbs:

have to say stews wheel, offset, tyre, ride height combination is the nicest ive seen by far :thumbs:

+1

Glad you found some pics. There are plenty on here :blush:

With it lowered it rides very well indeed on the Eibachs. I wouldn't say you hardly notice 20s but they don't have a real negative impact on the road with normal or spirited driving.