Potholes

Jenni86

Image say's it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap: I like that!

Seriously though folks - if you don't report them you shouldn't be whinging :bangin: ............yes some of this was unavoidable ...........yes the weather has made the roads worse............yes we're overtaxed.............ya-de-ya...........we live in a western 'free' democracy - and we're free to vote with our feet.

Most councils have report online facilities now - so get it done already- if they're over-run with reports then it gets picked up in audits and service evaluation! Then central govt will have no choice but to remove ring-fenced funding and give local councils some more cash!!!

I wish this was true but funding doesn't get distributed because local council's are struggling.......if the money isn't there, funding cannot be increased. :shrug:

We are also now being informed that because of the recent weather conditions our council tax will rise to help cover the extra costs that importing the required road salt cost the country's local councils!!! :yuck:

The councils are stuck between a rock & a hard place, they claim the majority of their road fixing budget is spent satisfying compensation claims from motorists suffering from blown tyres, buckled wheels etc...

There are giudelines if you can claim or not, depending on the council, depth / width / locaton on the hole, inside leg measurement....

Was going to take the Zed out last week (before the snow started here again) and decided not to because of all the potholes. I'm seriously wondering why I have a low sports car and a supersports class motorbike when I can't use either because of the flipping roads.

Fuel duty at 80% and road tax on each vehicle and the roads are bloody awful. It's crap. I'm using a '98 freelander to get about and have loads of ££££'s locked away just now.

I've been to some crapholes around the world and a lot of them have much better roads. It's a disgrace!

agreed

pay through the nose for a service that is crap, at least its only the road network.... oh wait no..... sounds like all public sector institutions :lol:

Totally agree - where do all our taxes go!!?? We are now paying much more road tax and our roads are getting worse each year! Over the last few years they have started putting loose gravel on top of new road surfaces and using users' cars to flatten it all down, causing stone chips and potential for skidding (I have skidded on more than one occasion on this loose gravel). They used to use proper rollers to flatten it all down on new road surfaces and the tarmac lasted several years. Costs them more money in the long term if they use cheap tarmac. Instead they think short term and use cheap tarmac and after a bit of snow this happens.

Doctor GP's used to get £30-40k ten years ago. Now the minimum salary for a GP is slightly over £100k (all tax payer's money) and yet they now work less hours. And our hospitals are in a worse state. And back to roads - they put our road tax up double and yet their "reason" is to get us out of cars. They certainly don't put it towards maintaining our roads! If they made public transport more efficient and a lot lot cheaper then only then would I consider (and I would seriously consider) using buses and trains. It would take me three hours to get to work by bus where I live and by car it is only 20 minutes and to get into my nearest town it is cheaper to get a taxi than get a bus!!! How backwards is that? It is cheaper to fly to parts of the country than travel by train and the buses in Sussex are a joke (unless you live in a city, even then they are only every half hour). Bl**dy government is so incompetent. Moan over :rant:

Trouble with all of this is the horrendous inefficiency within governmental organisations. Money is wasted on middle management ****wits and half baked projects that get abandoned mid way through.

The rest is chucked into people like accenture, and other "consultancy" firms which are there only to rip us off.

It's sad to think we give more then enough in taxes to make huge improvements. It just goes into black holes.

As always, the weak link is always people :)

Was going to take the Zed out last week (before the snow started here again) and decided not to because of all the potholes. I'm seriously wondering why I have a low sports car and a supersports class motorbike when I can't use either because of the flipping roads.

Fuel duty at 80% and road tax on each vehicle and the roads are bloody awful. It's crap. I'm using a '98 freelander to get about and have loads of ££££'s locked away just now.

I've been to some crapholes around the world and a lot of them have much better roads. It's a disgrace!

agreed

pay through the nose for a service that is crap, at least its only the road network.... oh wait no..... sounds like all public sector institutions :lol:

Totally agree - where do all our taxes go!!?? We are now paying much more road tax and our roads are getting worse each year! Over the last few years they have started putting loose gravel on top of new road surfaces and using users' cars to flatten it all down, causing stone chips and potential for skidding (I have skidded on more than one occasion on this loose gravel). They used to use proper rollers to flatten it all down on new road surfaces and the tarmac lasted several years. Costs them more money in the long term if they use cheap tarmac. Instead they think short term and use cheap tarmac and after a bit of snow this happens.

Doctor GP's used to get £30-40k ten years ago. Now the minimum salary for a GP is slightly over £100k (all tax payer's money) and yet they now work less hours. And our hospitals are in a worse state. And back to roads - they put our road tax up double and yet their "reason" is to get us out of cars. They certainly don't put it towards maintaining our roads! If they made public transport more efficient and a lot lot cheaper then only then would I consider (and I would seriously consider) using buses and trains. It would take me three hours to get to work by bus where I live and by car it is only 20 minutes and to get into my nearest town it is cheaper to get a taxi than get a bus!!! How backwards is that? It is cheaper to fly to parts of the country than travel by train and the buses in Sussex are a joke (unless you live in a city, even then they are only every half hour). Bl**dy government is so incompetent. Moan over :rant:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::clap:

Love this and totally agree with all the points raised....shame there's not much we can do at our level! Petitions just do not work and are laughed at by the council officials!!!!