insurance quote :(

kite 350

If you add on another driver (a woman for example that may never even drive the car) would it only be a white lie if you say they are the main driver? How they ever gonna know the difference?

its not a little white lie its a big one, i think they call it insurance fraud ;)

technically yes - and i would definitely NEVER EVER EVER do it but how they ever gonna know if someone was sooooo stupid enough to claim this?? ;)

If you add on another driver (a woman for example that may never even drive the car) would it only be a white lie if you say they are the main driver? How they ever gonna know the difference?

its not a little white lie its a big one, i think they call it insurance fraud ;)

technically yes - and i would definitely NEVER EVER EVER do it but how they ever gonna know if someone was sooooo stupid enough to claim this?? ;)

i think as with most insurance companies, they have an investigation teams, to deal with fraud etc, don't know how they'd prove it, but they'll look for signs, like if the main driver has another car, or is insured on other insurance etc. i don't work in the industry so i'm only clutching at straws.

all i do know is insurance companies don't like to pay out, they do it because they have to, but if there is good option out, some will take it, i'd rather be up front and honest, than invalidate it, and risk insurers not paying out in the event of a big crash.

might save a couple of £100, but could cost you £1000's

premiums are there for a reason, your job is to find the best while still staying legal

seems alot, i went with chris knott, im 24, 4 years NCB, protected for £690

see sometimes i just dont understand insurance. Im 25, 4 years no claims and i went through chris knott and mine is £911, just renewed it on saturday! Fair enough if i stayed in a crappy place, but my town was once voted 1st best place to stay in scotland and 3rd in the uk, with 0% crime rate. About 60% of people are pensioners 20% young ones and the other 20% is holiday houses. i dont think i could live in a safer town. I also shopped about going through bell, direct line and the usual comparison websites and that was the cheapest one! unreal!!

You answered your own question...

one of those pensioners is bound to hit you in their Honda Jazz

I just mentioned that to my wife - she said if you would care to pm your address to us based on that comment she will come round her Jazz and oblige, and if she misses I won't :evil:

There ain't many advantages of getting old, but one is cheaper car insurance, and I am paying less than half what you are for a 370 that is Group 19E - so the chances are, in the insurance companies eyes, is that your car is more likely to be clouted by a younger driver than an older one :bangin:

• 2 weeks later...

The pricing factor of the quote is related to your postcode. I have a 56 plate insured for £16k with 5 years no claims aged 36. This I am paying £820 per annum.

To note: my parents owned a Ford Mondeo they moved two streets from one postcode to the next, and their insurance went up nearly £200!! :scare:

I owned quite some time ago a Ford Focus in London with a TW postcode and this was £450 per annum, after moving to Birmingham it went up to £550. Therefore your status (i.e. Job/employment), age, convictions and claims including your postcode will also govern your insurance quote.

For instance if you are in the Media, your insurance is likely to be higher than somebody who's an accountant. Also if you are office based the quotes for an Administrator will be higher than for a middle to high manager. Furthermore, your excess can also help to reduce your quote.

To be honest insurance is a con anyway! :rant: