Scorpion and gasket?

shieldsie

I`m getting the new Scorpion exhaust fitted on Monday :yahoo:

1 question is, should I have a gasket that fits inbetween the center pipe and front pipe? My dad seems to think on was there when I unwrapped it, but I dont remember seeingit. I only remember and have in my possesion the back box/center pipe and large jubilee clip :headhurt: Defo no gasket :wacko:

I bought from here for replacements before

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HKS-2.5inch-64mm- ... ---(2-pack)-2.5-inch_W0QQitemZ330399848427QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxq20100129?IMSfp=TL100129189001r14359

I disagee with CS though! Your gasket that comes off will be shot and will probably break up when you take the zorst off.

You got a pic of the exhaust? Interested in the clamp. Thought all 350z exhausts came with bolted up flanges?

Depends on how long its been on the car and what condition. When I put the Nismo on mine, my gasket was fine to reuse. Its always a good idea to replace them, but not always needed. I know plenty of people that have swapped them without changing the gaskets.

Well I just had mine fitted today buy CS and it's fine. Sound freaking awesome :yahoo:

I`m so looking forward to Monday morning.

3FIDDYZ - the back box connects, slots into the center pipe, and the jubilee clamp tightened around it. The center pipe then bolts to the front pipe has normally would.

Well I just had mine fitted today buy CS and it's fine. Sound freaking awesome :yahoo:

I`m so looking forward to Monday morning.

3FIDDYZ - the back box connects, slots into the center pipe, and the jubilee clamp tightened around it. The center pipe then bolts to the front pipe has normally would.

Fair Enough, hadnt seen that before :thumbs:

Was it not the same on Dans scorpion, or had you never seen his from under the car?

Was it not the same on Dans scorpion, or had you never seen his from under the car?

It is, he just told me. Never looked at that end, only ever done stuff in the engine bay and suspension...

It is, he just told me. Never looked at that end, only ever done stuff in the engine bay and suspension...

You have never touched my suspension!!!! :p:p

You might ruin my superbly set up lairy camber and crazy 15 degree toe in

Something that is easily missed if you're not looking for it. Didnt know if they had changed the design at some point. Sounds like its the same, well apart from now they dont supply the gaskets :shrug:

You have never touched my suspension!!!! :p:p

You might ruin my superbly set up lairy camber and crazy 15 degree toe in

I think I did... Dont you remember reseating them...?

Get some camber and toe arms... camber fine.. toe feels like your dragging a caravan!!! ;)

well when i got to CS's today this is what was waiting for me:

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

and then it fitted:

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

he even supplied and fitted some Eibach spacers, 15mm front and rear :thumbs:

p.s sorry about the crap shots i forgot my camera and had to use my phone and it was freaking freezing :cold: