Carbon Fibre Strut Brace Cover - Now with pics!

bhavin85

A full CF replacment cover is working out at £85 that will include postage to anywhere in the UK.

They will be available in the following colours:

Normal Carbon Fibre

Red Carbon Fibre

Blue and Yellow CF are no longer available as the price for them has more then doubled recently, therefore my suplpier no longer carries them

All the products are in a 1x1 twill and have the badge area smoothed off to allow you to place any after market badge on top.

With regards to payment you will not pay a deposit, only full payment is required once your item has been made and is ready to be shipped :thumbs:

Any questions drop me a pm or post in the thread and ill answer as soon as possible :)

The product has now been made with the first one installed in my car...please excuse the date on the pics as I wasnt sure how to reset the camera date :blush:

CIMG8573.jpg

CIMG8571.jpg

CIMG8565.jpg

CIMG8566.jpg

CIMG8567.jpg

CIMG8568.jpg

CIMG8570.jpg

CIMG8631.jpg

CIMG8632.jpg

CIMG8634.jpg

CIMG8633.jpg

Red CF Cover Fitted:

CIMG8645.jpg

CIMG8647.jpg

CIMG8648.jpg

CIMG8649.jpg

Bhav

Hi,

I put up a thread at the tail end of last year talking about the parts I was planning on making for the interior. Now that ive got through the busy period at work I can start working on a few parts.

The first bit I am going to be making is a CF cover for the strut brace, as it was the most popular item in the poll :thumbs:

There are 3 possible ways of making this so which would you preffer?

1. A CF cover that just goes on top of the current strut brace cover (with the Z cut out)

2. A CF cover that just goes on top of the current strut brace cover (without the Z cut out)

3. A CF replacement for the silver strut cover

I am hoping to pull these out for between £50 - 70 in normal or coloured CF :)

I will have a definet price once I know if you want this to be a cover or a full on replacement.

Cheers

Bhav

I would go for one of these - preferably a cover with the z cut out, if not then a full replacement with the standard detailing retained. :thumbs:

Id prefer a full replacement with a zed badge dude :thumbs: saying that maybe without would still be ok so then people can go either way,id possibly have the z badge another colour B)

+1

Let us know how you get on, i've been wanting one of these for ages now :)

• 2 weeks later...

The OEM Strut cover is at the molders now...so once I get a price back from them ill update this thread :thumbs:

I am going to go with option no3, a full on CF replacement....however the badge area will be flat which means that you can go either way...stick an OEM badge on top or go for one of those lovely Tommy K badges :thumbs:

Expect an update in the next few days

Bhav

The OEM Strut cover is at the molders now...so once I get a price back from them ill update this thread :thumbs:

I am going to go with option no3, a full on CF replacement....however the badge area will be flat which means that you can go either way...stick an OEM badge on top or go for one of those lovely Tommy K badges :thumbs:

Bhav

:yahoo:

& good choice on option 3, makes more sense that way :thumbs:

Bhav

:yahoo:

& good choice on option 3, makes more sense that way :thumbs:

I want one....

Update:

A full CF replacment cover is working out at £85 that will include postage to anywhere in the UK.

They will be available in the following colours:

Normal Carbon Fibre

Red Carbon Fibre

Blue and Yellow CF are no longer available as the price for them has more then doubled recently, therefore my suplpier no longer carries them

All the products are in a 1x1 twill and have the badge area smoothed off to allow you to place any after market badge on top.

A list of names for those that are intersted please:

With regards to payment you will not pay a deposit, only full payment is required once your item has been made and is ready to be shipped :thumbs:

Any questions drop me a pm or post in the thread and ill answer as soon as possible :)

Bhav

• 2 weeks later...
How long will it be before pics of the first one surface chief B)

The mold started being made today, I am planning on having the first one pulled out before the Envy Mod Day on the 20th March so I can get an idea of what people think of the product :thumbs:

As soon as I have it in my hands ill put some pics up

Any pics of what the colour specific carbons look like.......? :)

I only generic pics at the moment...I have asked the supplier for some sample pics of other parts they have done in coloured carbon...ill post them as soon as I get them :thumbs:

Is it going to look like mine Bhav?

**Removed so as not to confuse!** as mine is slightly different!

Mark, it will look the same as yours excpet mine will also have the 3 dimples on either side of the zed badge and the zed badge will be smoothed out :)

On a side note I have talked to the love people at Envy and they can give a small discount on Tommy K badges, however I need to purchase 5 badges to get that price!

They work out at £73 a badge, if anyone is interested then add your name to a list for me please :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...

Bump for new pics :thumbs:

The cover came to me on friday...I am very very pleased with how they turned out and had a few of the guys and girls take a look at them on the Envy Mod Day all were very impressed with the quality of the product!

If you have any questions please post in the thread :)

• 2 weeks later...