Another CarPc Install (being developed)

hynder

Well that's the control panel finally complete and I'm happy with it now. The switches on the original panel were getting in the way of the navigation buttons on the Centrafuse display.

Just for info, the red button on the left operates a relay which cuts the voltage to the Carnetix power regulator in case a 'Hard Reset' is required. The black button on the left is connected to the ACPI connection on the PC which gives it a reboot (like pressing the button on the front of a desktop PC)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye just about there Chris'I, been having a few problems with the Navmii though, it seems to change the device ID every now and again which de-activates the maps. Been in touch with the support folk and they don't know what's going on!!!!! Looks like I'll need to look for another Sat Nav application. Any suggestions anyone?

Aye just about there Chris'I, been having a few problems with the Navmii though, it seems to change the device ID every now and again which de-activates the maps. Been in touch with the support folk and they don't know what's going on!!!!! Looks like I'll need to look for another Sat Nav application. Any suggestions anyone?

Hmm, are you pulling hardware or anything? Does any USB stuff show up under different IDs each time you restart it? I had a problem on mine when I added some hardware and it changed the ID, but they just reset it and its been good since then.

I use iGo8 too, but its a bit clunky and not as swish as Navmii. Also its not officially avaiable for download :ninja:

Yeh, it's a strange one. I'm not aware of any hardware issues. I can enter the key for the GBR map and it can run for a day. Start the car the next day and the Device ID has defaulted to 1234567890QWERTY............I can then leave it and a couple of days later, it will revert back to the original ID. I hadn't considered any hardware issues, but the Device ID that it reverts back to doesn't seem very random.......1234567890QWERTY .

As I said, I have asked Navmii support for help and they have not come across it before. They have given me a key for the 12345......device ID, but once that is entered, it reverts back to the original ID!!!!!! Bloody Nuisance!!!!!

Seems to be quite a slick sat nav program though.

Have you had any issues with Centrafuse with regards to album track names and album art when played in the Media Player? I can't get any album, track or artist info at all and the Ipod inf doesn't come through at all.

TBH I havent played with it much, and not at all with the new version as they want some dosh to upgrade and I have a new car on the way. I'm sure it was working though when I tried it before, but that was CF2 :shrug:

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I am using it every day and quite chuffed with the whole package.

I have a few small niggles which I am in the process of sorting out namely;

The NavMii software keeps changing the ID code which is a pain. The support assure me that this is unique which is a real shame as it is a cracking Sat Nav software

The boot time is still about 40sec and can be longer if the IPOD is fitted.

Best way around it is to store the tunes on the Hard drive.

Blue tooth phone works a treat but I have to switch the stereo to AUX1 to hear the calls.

The TV tuner dongle was only a cheap one and I have absolutely no reception, so that will need further investigation.

Other than that, the Centrafuse front end software is great, the touch screen makes it so much easier to use and finally I have got a system that is not in japanese. Another point that is good is that the parking cameras (two wing mounted and one rear) operate automatically due to the video input to the touch screen.........I had to flick a switch previously.

I am happy with it, but it is a very expensive project to take on and there is a lot of fu*k factors involved!!!!!!

Go on, take the plunge!!!

• 1 month later...