UK v Import Fuel Consumption?

Tricky-Ricky

First off you're taking my comment completely out of context, i was referring to the fuel consumption only when referring to the Supra (which incidentally i didn't mention)

Secondly, why the hell am i here asking what i thought to be pretty reasonable questions, if I'm not interested in the 350Z, i am neither trying to endear or alienate myself to other members, except perhaps the ones that have nothing but derision for an answers. (not yourself by the way)

And thanks for the input :)

its more the image i've felt thats come across over the past few months over several threads. it feels like you know you need to change but for you the change is a compromise on something you love dearly, and i fully understand that. i know that you like the zed, and know that it has good merits, but deep down you still love the supra big time.

changing cars is never easy, especially if you've come from something thats set a high bench mark. but i think with time and a change in driving style that makes the most out of the zed it will be a car that will really grow on you.

personally i think the most we'll notice is a difference of maybe 1 or 2 mpg at most, and their are so many variables like driving styles, how heavy someones foot is etc.

Yes in most respects you're perfectly right, it is a big change, and as i have said before, i think the more updated feel and different kind of driving style will be ultimately more enjoyable,

I guess i have been looking for some kind of reassurance, hence my asking about others that have come for turbo cars etc.

Also one of my justifications for getting a Z was hoping that it would be a little more rewarding when it comes to fill up time, as i am sick of emptying my wallet at the petrol station ;)

So i wanted to weigh up any difference in the two 350Zs ECU against MPG and tuneability, i am sorry that some peoples don't find my criteria valid.

Silly me, thought this was a car forum, and i thought i might just get some sensible answers :dry:

yes it is a car forum, my point was car related - why buy a 3.5l V6 sports car and then worry about fuel economy... Anyway can't stop I need to post on the VW Polo BlueMotion forum about lack of performance... :rant:

Don't be a dick.

Yes it's a thirsty sports car. But 99% of people that own 350z aren't billionaires, and some 350's don't exactly go for premium money anymore. So while it's not, and obviously shouldn't be a major priority, it's a perfectly valid concern.

Silly me, thought this was a car forum, and i thought i might just get some sensible answers :dry:

yes it is a car forum, my point was car related - why buy a 3.5l V6 sports car and then worry about fuel economy... Anyway can't stop I need to post on the VW Polo BlueMotion forum about lack of performance... :rant:

Don't be a dick.

Yes it's a thirsty sports car. But 99% of people that own 350z aren't billionaires, and some 350's don't exactly go for premium money anymore. So while it's not, and obviously shouldn't be a major priority, it's a perfectly valid concern.

sorry but if anybody thinks 1 or 2 mpg between a jdm and uk version is going to make any difference to their pocket then then they are the dick, the difference in insurance is probably much more of a consideration surely?

When I fill up the dte says 400 miles I thinks that's rougly 25mpg but it's all down to driving style, type of fuel, servicing, tyres etc etc

Also If I had a choice to buy a UK or a JDM then I would ask the same questions. If one gives me slightly better mpg and its my daily driver whats the problem? If he is asking questions, lets say he doesnt even want a 350 then why do you reply if you dont want him to know.

takes about 30 seconds to do, and as long as you've got the till reciept and keep a note of the odometer you can input it later.

i started on the lite, but upgraded to the full version for the extra things. the lite version will do all your fuel calculating and graphs though.

the full version lets me track things like other costs, mot's servicing etc and also be able to email all the info to my home computer etc.

cheers, will give it a try as I also like anoraks and train spotting

These bickering thread are getting tiresome boys and girls.....

You're not kidding! think I'll just give up on the subject, and try and get the info elsewhere.

In all seriousness mate, too many variables... not many people have owned both, some have heavy right feet, some dont... Some see more motorway than country lanes, some dont leave towns!

And the difference as noted will be very little, lots of people take very little notice...

These bickering thread are getting tiresome boys and girls.....

You're not kidding! think I'll just give up on the subject, and try and get the info elsewhere.

In all seriousness mate, too many variables... not many people have owned both, some have heavy right feet, some dont... Some see more motorway than country lanes, some dont leave towns!

And the difference as noted will be very little, lots of people take very little notice...

3FIDDYZ is spot on.

Even in a "scientific" test you would have to have the following criteria.

1. 2 cars. One JDM, one UK.

2. Both would have to be 100% stock, built in the same year, running the same fuel from the same garage. Need same tyres and the drivers would need to be same weight.

3. Both cars would need to be at EXACTLY the same speed on the same roads at the same time.

4. Both drivers would need to have identical driving styles.

I'm sure a "result" of any kind would demonstrate a minute difference in MPG.

For what it's worth, I run a 2003 JDM tiptronic on stock tyres with a JDM pop-charger and K1 exhaust and get 7.7 km/l. (21.2 mpg)

But then I do short trips and drive like :drive1:drive1:drive1:drive1