Slightly wonky exhaust

kazman

Hi all

the exhaust on my newly aquired Zed is slightly wonky, The right pipe seems to be closer to flush with the rear bumper than the left side. Assuming this is not by design, can anyone advise on what may be causing it?

There does not seem to be any damage on the pipes as they exit the back box and juggling the rhs mount does not seem to make any difference.

If anyone has experience of this their views would be appreciated. Also, which of the two is wrong? Should they be near flush with the rear bumper or set back a few cms? It's a stick uk set up btw.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Still don't think mine looks quite right after studying pictures on here of others... As you look from behind, the right pipe is much closer to the outside of the bumper than the left one. It's not a height issue, more that it looks twisted. Any thoughts?

I was thinking maybe I need to play with the hangers etc?

A competant garage or exhaust place will be able to fix it. Just requires the hangers to be adjusted, but they need to be good at it. Bit of a mallet or bit of heat should make it sit in place right. :thumbs:

Bigphil recommended heat to me. :thumbs:

i managed to straighten a massively squint crash damaged exhaust using a hammer and soldering iron blow torch with the car on some axle stands. personally if your patient and have an eye for detail i think its easily done yourself. And i would say that an exhaust should never be squint from the manufacturer :thumbdown: INCLUDING aftermarket

I think the problem with it not coming squint from a manufacturer rely on your car being straight too. Dont think its always possible, and easily sorted by a good garage if its a bit off. What I do find shocking are the ones out there that are miles off and always require correction, thats poor :thumbdown: