How to fit a battery?

Dblock

• 2 weeks later...
So the battery fit like a charm. I used a 005L which is a uk battery. You need to change the terminals but if you have a JDM then its worth it. no more 3 days and your battery goes flat and it starts so quick now.

Where did you get if from? How much was it? I am sure other members could use this info for when their battery goes wrong :thumbs:

So the battery fit like a charm. I used a 005L which is a uk battery. You need to change the terminals but if you have a JDM then its worth it. no more 3 days and your battery goes flat and it starts so quick now.

Where did you get if from? How much was it? I am sure other members could use this info for when their battery goes wrong :thumbs:

Are jdm batterys really bad?

My UK battery lasted 3 years and 37k then gave up.

Bit crap really, my old GTI battery lasted 9 years! I replaced it with a bigger halfords battery for my corrado that i had lying around on charge. 50mm too wide (i think the standard one is 230mm) but it just fit in and works

Are jdm batterys really bad?

My UK battery lasted 3 years and 37k then gave up.

Bit crap really, my old GTI battery lasted 9 years! I replaced it with a bigger halfords battery for my corrado that i had lying around on charge. 50mm too wide (i think the standard one is 230mm) but it just fit in and works

Yes it is. Its like half the size of the uk battery. Its only got 330cca!

I bought a 005L on Friday, for a UK car though.

I'm in rural Wales so ordered it localy,so usualy a bit dearer !. (Thurs ready for Fri)

It was a Varta 005L D47 2 year guaranty £53.50 VAT = £62.86

Fitted today,tis brill the other was the original Nissan from new.

Saw some On-line for £45.00.................... WAS NOT SURE RE THIS so went local.

It's where to get the terminals I think would be better info for JDM owners.

Chris

In all seriousness I would ask.... oh bugger who was it... erm.. As hes done it... right on the tip of my tongue...erm...

Thats it..

Dcash5 :)

JDM batteries aren't THAT bad! I've only had to charge mine once (in Jan when it snowed for a week) and its been off the road for about 6 months.

I think you guys have just been using crap batteries :wacko:

Hmm your lucky. My battery was a delphi and it never seemed to good. The terminals I got from R35Lee but im sure ZMANALEX could hook you up. The UK battery was cheaper than a jdm one aswell.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bump an old topic but I started my car today after a few weeks so I thought I'd have a look at which battery I had.

Just for other people who may be wanting a new battery I've got the Bosch asiaSILVER 12v 40Ah 330a model number 540126033.

Definitely gets my vote :)