Not a Happy Bunny!

Chesterfield

I AM NOT ****ING HAPPY!!

Apparently Newbold Road has been resurfaced with one of thos ***king stupid road surfaces where they cover the road in tar then loose gravel.

Meaning that the entire road is covered with little bits of stone just ready for chipping the car!

Ive just phoned the council up and gone ***king nuts at them - I have said Im taking hi res pictures of my car, today, and hi res pictures after travelling along that road. Any stone chips or scratches and I shall sue the council.

What ***king morons in the council decided that would be a good way to resurface a road.

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Cant avoid it. It is the only road out of our estate.

The council department responsible is closed until Monday morning -how conveinient knowing the complaints willcome flooding in after 5 when everyone gets home.

The thing that pisses me off most, is that during the drive home, through half a dozen estates of benefit junkies, the roads were perfect. Get to our estate, the one paying probably £2m a year in council tax, and its lke driving on frigging gravel for half a mile.

I intend to take photos of the stone chips n the Z, and submit a letter of complaint along with a written estimate of repair to the council. Non payment within 14 days and I shall request the person to submit a writ to.

The law states that all roads and any speed restriction measures should be constructed in such a manner that they may be driven over at the legal limit without damage to the vehicle and or occupants.

Therefor leaving the road in the state that they have constitutes (in my opinion) an illegal road surface.

As for being fully protected - you are at the front, but what about the wheel arches, and the doors when the morons in 4x4's fly pastin the oposite direction. :rant:

Cant avoid it. It is the only road out of our estate.

The council department responsible is closed until Monday morning -how conveinient knowing the complaints willcome flooding in after 5 when everyone gets home.

The thing that pisses me off most, is that during the drive home, through half a dozen estates of benefit junkies, the roads were perfect. Get to our estate, the one paying probably £2m a year in council tax, and its lke driving on frigging gravel for half a mile.

I intend to take photos of the stone chips n the Z, and submit a letter of complaint along with a written estimate of repair to the council. Non payment within 14 days and I shall request the person to submit a writ to.

The law states that all roads and any speed restriction measures should be constructed in such a manner that they may be driven over at the legal limit without damage to the vehicle and or occupants.

Therefor leaving the road in the state that they have constitutes (in my opinion) an illegal road surface.

As for being fully protected - you are at the front, but what about the wheel arches, and the doors when the morons in 4x4's fly pastin the oposite direction. :rant:

keep us up to date on this Chris ,,I can feel a free respray coming on B)

Hi Guys and Gals

A little advice from a guy who submitted a claim to the council and WON.

Our local council sort out 'in house' any claim under £1000 and if it is as much as a penny over that they send in assessors and all sorts of legal folk to fight the battle.

This means that the second option, even if you eventually win, TAKES A REAL LONG TIME.

If your claim happens to drop under £1000 then it is a local office junior that gets the job and can have his arm twisted verbally and by letter and offers of 'full and final settlement' of the claim help een more to speed it up.

How do i know? My claim was £1005 and I had not had this advice.

At the end of it a council worker friend of mine explained the above and told me that if it under £100 it would have been settled 6 months ago :rant:

Keep it simple, keep it polite and provide pictures and legislation and I am sure you stand a very good chance.

Ming the Helpful

Thanks for the advice - I shall certainly bear it in mind. I feel a letter coming on tomorrow.

Shall certainly stay clear of that road. Which council you contacted? Derbyshire County?

I have reported issues with local takeaways to Chesterfield Council... not over impressed with their level of service...

If you start having problems, contact your local councilor... managers arse holes start twitching when they get involved... or for proper 5p 10p action contact the local ombudsman

:starwars:

Ive contacted Derbyshire countycouncil.

Ive also learned that if you write to your MP, they have to write back. Or at least that appears to be the policy at chesterfield. :thumbs:

Ive just been out again in the Golf, and its a joke, I may as well have to drive on gravel.

They have done the same treatment in the estate where my mum lives. There is more gravel off the roads than on it , and to make matters worse , just around the corner a piece of the new road has lifted off.. The road were bare before and in a bad state, but this is even worse.

I can obviously understand the need to do work like this but surely there must be a better way of doing it? Whats that BP advert saying at the moment - we can put a man on the moon so why can't we make cars that don't put out pollution??? I guess its the same thing.

Great advice from Ming though :thumbs: looks like the answer is going to be to keep it under a grand Chris.

The stone chip situation is bad enough on our cars let alone our wonderful councils doing things to make it worse :rant: