RBS Bonuses!!!

Cragus

Don't worry, when the torys get in next, they'll be even softer on them than labour. We need someone to employ all the jobless factory workers (soon to be joined by cadburys no doubt)

Edit: Incidently, Liverpool FC owe £300million to RBS, so we all should have a shout in what happens at Anfield too!

i never understand this if you look in the dictionary the definition of bonus is

"an extra amount of money that is given to you as a present or reward as well as the money you were expecting

a productivity bonus

a Christmas bonus

The company used to give discretionary bonus payments.

•

a pleasant extra thing

I love the job, and it's an added bonus that it's so close to home."

so by definition its something you get for doing well; so if you screw up obviously you don't get your bonus. :shrug:

but it seems that bankers see it not as a bonus but part of their salary that is a god given right.

someone needs to teach them to read. :angry:

some education academies run bonuses. if you get excellent results you get your bonus, if your results are failing you don't, so why doesn't it apply in the banking world?

Don't worry, when the torys get in next, they'll be even softer on them than labour. We need someone to employ all the jobless factory workers (soon to be joined by cadburys no doubt)

Edit: Incidently, Liverpool FC owe £300million to RBS, so we all should have a shout in what happens at Anfield too!

Cadburys - well Craft outsourced all their IT to Hewlett Packhard and I am sure all the IT bods at Cadburys will be merged to HP (Read got rid of probably) I know a couple of people

Maybe they will start making chocolate covered Cheese triangles! :dry:

Thing is most of these "bonus" payments are written into the job contracts so they are legally entitled to them and its not really a bonus.

R

Firstly they shouldnt be written in to contracts and if thats the case, they are they should be proportionate to how well the bank is performing. To me, thats 1.5 billion that can start to be paid back to the taxpayer instead of lining the pockets of already overpaid w..., i mean bankers! I ,as are you if you pay taxes, are vicariously a shareholder in the bank - should we not have a say in some form?

srobrien - do you work for the bank? :lol:

If only! Come on though if someone offered you a job where you could take crazy risks get paid a sh*t load and it didn't matter if you f*cked up or not cos you would still get a juicy bonus....i'd sell my soul for that :lol:

R

i like it, i'm on a pay freeze, my NI has gone up, i'm pay huge tax on services which are all being cut back on, because of these f*ckups and they get a bonus for the privilege :dry:

i'm already in the process of closing down my banking with any bank that has been bought out by the government, and keeping it with the ones which were more careful. mainly removing my accounts from halifax as they are a bunch of money grabbing bastards and moving it with the rest of my accounts at nationwide.