Headlight washers - Broken or just Frozen?

narcotix

Hey,

I've noticed that since it got really cold recently my headight washers haven't been functioning ... I put to down to them being frozen as it was bitterly cold then ...

I've since tried them today and although it's not T-shirt weather yet, I thought it was warm enough for them to defrost if that was the case ... but still no movement from the washers ..

When I press the button under I can hear the noise like it's trying to do something but that's all ...

Any ideas to help diagnose the issue or even resolve it?

Thanks for the responses guys ...

I've just filled up the washer reservoir and the headlight washers are back to life :yahoo:

I also noticed that my rear washer isn't working (only just figured ot that you have to push the stalk in the other direction) ... it's making all the right noises but no water ...it's not a big deal but I like everything to work as it's intended ... LoL

any ideas?

:thumbs:

I've just filled up the washer reservoir and the headlight washers are back to life :yahoo:

I also noticed that my rear washer isn't working (only just figured ot that you have to push the stalk in the other direction) ... it's making all the right noises but no water ...it's not a big deal but I like everything to work as it's intended ... LoL

any ideas?

try unblocking the hole with a pin, it may be blocked or their is a non return valve in the piping in the hatch which my be bunged up

any ideas?

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

try unblocking the hole with a pin, it may be blocked or their is a non return valve in the piping in the hatch which my be bunged up

Thanks Mike ... I'll try unblocking the hole tomorrow .. but failing that where abouts can I find the non-return value in the boot hatch?

Thanks Mike ... I'll try unblocking the hole tomorrow .. but failing that where abouts can I find the non-return value in the boot hatch?

download the service manual here viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2945

should be in there, where it is and how to get to it

• 2 months later...