Want new rims - were to buy from?

Rico 350ZGT

Hey guys,

:headhurt: HELP.....

Im after a new set of rims, my rays are mint, but the tyres are in need of changing.

so i thought its time to change the rims, rather than get just new tyres.

what i wanna know is:

1. what is the best offset for the z?

2. what size should i go for? thinking 19" or 20".

3. where should i buy from?

4. what are your thoughts about the Finichi Firenze Sport rims?

5. what tyres? i was thinking Toyo Proxes T1R or Yokohama Parada?

6. what size tyres, as i have read about the issues with ESP going mad if there wrong?

7. should i sell my rays? or keep them? if i sell them what should i expect to get for them?

sorry for the mass of questions, and before you all start flaming me, i have searched and searched, think ive almost read every thread about rims on here! :lol:

I know the offset is better the lower the number +12 to +22, but what works best on the Z?

also i have read the threads about the ESP going mad once the wheels are changed? is this purely down to incorrect tyre size, or does it vary Z to Z?

cheers

Rich

If you like the Finichi Firenze then contact Andy on here. He runs Kudos Automotive and supplies these wheels. He knows what he's talking about so will advise you well.

As for the rays, if you have space then keep them for bad weather. If you aren't concerned about that or are tight for room then sell them, they fetch good money.

Loads of info on here mate, the offsets you have stated are fine but it all depends on how far you want them to stick out.

Best people to speak to are Rarerims or Envy who you can find links for on the portal, send them a pm they will have loads of info and pictures.

Tyres you need to have matching makes and as long as the profiles are kept the same e.g 245/35/19 front and 275/35/19 rear. Good makes are Vredestein Sessanta, Bridgestone RE050, Michelin Pilot Sport 2.

As long as these guidelines are kept your TC will be fine.

Your Rays will go between £350-£500 but all depends on condition and if the demand is there.

Hope this helps :thumbs:

first step you really need to do is set a budget. Things tend to fall into place rather quickly from there

my plan is to budget is around £1500.

i would like either 19" or 20" rims, i like the Finichi rims, i like the firenze sport in gloss black, as im thinking they would look great if i got the polished lip sprayed up in Azure Blue to match the Z?

what do you guys think?

anyone out there got a pic of a Z with these rims, that can photoshop the lip to azure blue?

couple of photos for you

what size are they on the black Z?

first step you really need to do is set a budget. Things tend to fall into place rather quickly from there

i would like either 19" or 20" rims, i like the Finichi rims, i like the firenze sport in gloss black, as im thinking they would look great if i got the polished lip sprayed up in Azure Blue to match the Z?

what do you guys think?

anyone out there got a pic of a Z with these rims, that can photoshop the lip to azure blue?

couple of photos for you

19's, that's KTA's car at last May's run in Wales. The rusty car is Maccaman's and his are also 19s

Hey Rico,

This is the Firenze on our site, prices sizes and offsets available on there:

http://z-store.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseacti ... ct_ID=9400

Best Regards,

Gaz

ive got the firenze sport its a matte black not gloss, but then ive had mine customized aswell with the studs removed and smoothed the centres re-painted matte black and the lip painted kuro black to match my car ;) ive been waiting for some decent wether to get some pics up hopefully this weekend will be better.

what do you guys think?

couple of photos for you

Andy from Kudos's Zed

DSC03917v2.jpg

Nice wheels and he knows what hes on about :)

Just came across the below specs for the standard RAYs 18" rims, and noticed the Offsets +30 for the fronts and +33 for the rears?

i was under the impression the Z required between +12 to +22? :shrug:

Front

Size: 18x8.0

Offset: +30mm

Weight: 18.19lbs

Tire: 225/45/18

Rear

Size: 18x8.5

Offset: +33mm

Weight: 18.62lbs

Tire: 245/45/18

I want the Finichi Firenze Sports in black and sliver, or the Fuel 5s, does anyone have these and know what offsets work with the Z

i know i need 245/35/19 and 275/35/19 tyres.