06 Scooby prodrive and PPP advice

sparky370z

hi people,

im asking on behalf of a friend,

i know that a few of you guys have owned various scoobys at various times. what i need to know is are they a nice car inside and out, pro and cons, and service intavals/costing.

he has about 13-15k to spend and is worried that it is gonna cost a bomb to run it.

at the moment he owns a Fiesta ST and like myself is a big step up to a much faster/better car. i loved the Fez but not as much as the Zed.

he is looking at some next weekend and would love some help from you guys as there are sooooooo many scooby forums all with conflicting advice.

any help would be greatly recieved!!!

cheers

Sparky

I agree since I've got an Evo I'm obviously biased :D As a daily drive, though, the Scooby is a better car as it's a bit more civilised and has a longer service interval (10.000 miles as opposed to 4000 I think). Fuel consumption is much the same and you can expect below 20 mpg virtually all the time and I get mine into single figures when on track. The interiors are fairly poor, but general build quality and reliability is among the best you can get.

I would also advise against going for a heavily modded one unless it's a factory job such as Prodrive, as running costs and reliabilty can be badly effected if the mods have been not carried out professionally.