Would you buy a zed from Gibralta ?

cerealuk

Have spotted one on another forum very cheap, all seems to check out fine. was purchased in the UK over a year ago and driven to Gibralta. the owner now wants to sell it. the asking price is about £3k under what it would sell for in the UK.

Now I dont mind the 1600mile drive back, but my concern is how would I know if its been in any accidents etc, is the system there the same for reporting them e.g cat C/D etc ?

Still on a UK plate I think so just drive back in!

Its also Genuine, as is Si, am guessing his insurance company will tell you if its had an accident claim, and he wouldnt let you travel there if there was an issue am sure or would tell you anything before you left!.

Done the Journey back from spain in the past and its an absolute blast... esp as the roads are quite and very few police can be arsed to patrol the roads for speeders!

I guess the trip would cost about the same as getting a Zed from Scotland... And you would only have to drive it to Bilbaou or Santander and then get the ferry to Portsmouth and then your not putting the miles on!

3fiddyz i take it you know him personally then ? :)

Have looked into the trip and its £70 flights then £250ish for the ferry + fuel (thats for 2 people as I would take a friend to keep me company on the drive) total driving milage around 700miles which is a piece of cake :)

It's just all the uncertainty as im not very trusting lol

3fiddyz i take it you know him personally then ? :)

Have looked into the trip and its £70 flights then £250ish for the ferry + fuel (thats for 2 people as I would take a friend to keep me company on the drive) total driving milage around 700miles which is a piece of cake :)

It's just all the uncertainty as im not very trusting lol

Yep, I know what you mean... I think he works for ibheria, so get in touch as he may be able to get you cheap air tickets! Or he may pay for your tickets weather you take it or not... It would prove hes genuine if he accepted that :)

One question;

How would you know if a UK car has been in an accident?

A HPI Check. Even thats by no means fool proof as it only registers insurance claims/write offs. Anything not put through the insurance won't be registered anywhere.

Buy the car on condition and take an mechanic/paint expert with you if you can....... :thumbs:

One question;

How would you know if a UK car has been in an accident?

A HPI Check. Even thats by no means fool proof as it only registers insurance claims/write offs. Anything not put through the insurance won't be registered anywhere.

Buy the car on condition and take an mechanic/paint expert with you if you can....... :thumbs:

Aye makes sense I guess :thumbs:

Personally I wouldn't buy a car from another country ...

Purely for peace of mind ...

But hope all goes well for you if you decide to go for it..

:thumbs:

Its a UK car thats been over there 8months. Its much less of a risk than buying a JDM import IMO

Its a UK car thats been over there 8months. Its much less of a risk than buying a JDM import IMO

That's maybe true but I Personally wouldn't buy it ... I like to know as much about the car as possible and that means only looking at UK cars with clean HPI's ...

I did 2 different HPI's on my zed prior to purchasing ... glad I did as 1 supplied more information than the other in certain areas and vice versa ...

That's maybe true but I Personally wouldn't buy it ... I like to know as much about the car as possible and that means only looking at UK cars with clean HPI's ...

I did 2 different HPI's on my zed prior to purchasing ... glad I did as 1 supplied more information than the other in certain areas and vice versa ...

A clean HPI means **** all.................. ;)