Will A UK OEM make a difference in sound??

fakeindian

Very little, but a Y-Pipe, hiflows or a custom unsilenced mid section will sort you out!

so would you need to swap the full jdm system out for a uk one to achieve the same sound? forgive my total ignorance.......

Very little, but a Y-Pipe, hiflows or a custom unsilenced mid section will sort you out!

so would you need to swap the full jdm system out for a uk one to achieve the same sound? forgive my total ignorance.......

this is what i want to know....... i don't wanna just change the backbox for no reason..... if i have to change the whole system then i'm just gonna have to live with it until i have enough for the nismo. :wacko:

Nope, an after market y-pipe will fit straight on, or a trip to somewhere like Rapid Fit on Jockey Lane in Huntington as they may be able to make you a mid pipe... its all about removing the blockages in the exhaust system caused by the silencers and baffles...

In the OEM system, you have the cats then a silencer in the y-pipe, then one in the mid pipe and then another in the back box... 4 too many ;)

Custom midpipe will be about £100 to have made up

Nope, an after market y-pipe will fit straight on, or a trip to somewhere like Rapid Fit on Jockey Lane in Huntington as they may be able to make you a mid pipe... its all about removing the blockages in the exhaust system caused by the silencers and baffles...

In the OEM system, you have the cats then a silencer in the y-pipe, then one in the mid pipe and then another in the back box... 4 too many ;)

so if i just change the back box i'm not really gonna get much change?? is that what your saying.....sorry i'm just wondering if it will make any difference at all??

will i get some difference with just the back box, but more of a difference if i change the mid section and y pipe aswell??

sorry if i just sound thick :bangin: ... but just want to be clear. :headhurt:

Yes it will make a massive difference :lol:;)

Lol i dont know the answer but was looking forward to having a look over your Z and your sat nav + i could let you hear my Z and make you change your mind over the Nismo :boxing:

You could always buy a cheap system from ebay for now untill you can afford the nismo etc

Have you got an induction kit yet ? that will unlock lots of V6 goodness :teeth:

Coops

Yes it will make a massive difference :lol:;)

Lol i dont know the answer but was looking forward to having a look over your Z and your sat nav + i could let you hear my Z and make you change your mind over the Nismo :boxing:

You could always buy a cheap system from ebay for now untill you can afford the nismo etc

Have you got an induction kit yet ? that will unlock lots of V6 goodness :teeth:

Coops

:lol::lol:

no i have done anything engine wise yet..... ;)

i might still come anyway, i fancy a good drive. :lol:

so if i just change the back box i'm not really gonna get much change?? is that what your saying.....sorry i'm just wondering if it will make any difference at all??

will i get some difference with just the back box, but more of a difference if i change the mid section and y pipe aswell??

sorry if i just sound thick :bangin: ... but just want to be clear. :headhurt:

The back box is going to make very little difference I think...

Stick some hi flows or decats on as these will still fit with the nismo, and you will see a bit of a difference. I think the Nismo is cat back so you dont need to buy another y-pipe.

I should have made a video of my amuse with and without the unsilenced mid section so you could hear the difference...

You could buy a y-pipe now and then sell the nismo one when you get it will make a difference.. An Ex owner Bobby changed his y-pipe on a stock system and it made a difference to the sound for the better..

Get your self an induction kit for thu and we can put it on, just to aid in the justification of the trip, we can sling the b/box on if it makes no difference then nothing lost i will just kepp your jdm and sell it instead of mine :thumbs:

I will show you my full de-cat system and let you hear it :yahoo:

Also show you some pics of the titanium systems i should be able to offer in a few months ;)

Coops

I'll be able to tell you next week mate. Ive got a UK backbox waiting to go on mine... should be next sunday hopefully.

well coops was gonna fit me the one his selling but i wanna know if its worth doing before taking mine off as nothing is really wrong with mine apart from i can't hear it!! :lol:

Get your self an induction kit for thu and we can put it on

i was just gonna go with a panel filter, what do you think is best?? i have heard that the induction kits don't work as well on the 350z :wacko:

Depends on the year of car, the 06 ones have a velocity stack built into them to help draw more air in... prior to 06 the numbers are about the same but a cone filter could / can suffer from heat soak! AEM and Injen / Nismo Cold Air intakes have gains as well as noise so it seems!

• 2 weeks later...