A Walk in the Snow (+extras!)

AK350Z

A walk in the Snow on Skiddaw. Thankfully in crampons, they make icy conditions so much easier, you wonder how you ever managed without! (except possibly by staying inside!)

IMG_1570.jpg

Someone had kindly built a shelter. The wind was picking up and whipping up the spindrift.

IMG_1573-1.jpg

IMG_1574-1.jpg

Great invention:

IMG_1571.jpg

The Panda works its magic once again on the icy roads

IMG_1576.jpg

wow great pics there Mr Andrew! B) Did you have any snow cones?

Panda eh - and you have the cheek to slate my American tank ;)

No snow around me and on Sky news weather the only bit that does'nt have any snow forcast is the bit of Wales I am in right now at work! :cold:

Sir, you are a nutter :lol:B)

I'm going to show this to Amanda to show just how much of a wuss she is when it comes to proper "walking" :thumbs:

What you dont see is Andy just wearing his T-shirt (behind the camera) well he is from the North East after all- probably has shorts on too! :lol:

Sir, you are a nutter :lol:B)

I'm going to show this to Amanda to show just how much of a wuss she is when it comes to proper "walking" :thumbs:

What you dont see is Andy just wearing his T-shirt (behind the camera) well he is from the North East after all- probably has shorts on too! :lol:

I'm from the North East too, but I aint that mad! I got shouted at last week for going out in the snow in jeans, t-shirt and lightweight jacket when Amanda was all geared up for an Arctic adventure :lol: Still, those crampons make it look a lot easier :teeth:

THE NORTH EAST??!?!?! The very cheek! It's north west actually, and the proper north west at that, not bloody Manchester. That's nearly the midlands from where i'm sitting! :lol:

The Panda is technically not mine, but its dinky euro 4WD goodness reaches the places big american tanks can't. :cold::drive1

THE NORTH EAST??!?!?! The very cheek! It's north west actually, and the proper north west at that, not bloody Manchester. That's nearly the midlands from where i'm sitting! :lol:

The Panda is technically not mine, but its dinky euro 4WD goodness reaches the places big american tanks can't. :cold::drive1

oi!! :lol: Well I am North Manchester so its almost Midlands for me too! ;) But we are all Southerners compared to Stew! He gets about 3 minutes of daylight this time of year he is sooo far North - has Santa's sleigh marks on his roof! :blink:

I remember when those Panda's came out they have a funky fluid clutch 4x4 system I think , saw one as a Police car in Italy last time I was there Skiing - looked ace in the snow :thumbs:

Hey dont disrespect da tank bro' Americans they shoot first then ask questions later! :lol:

Hope you enjoyed the snow anyway :teeth:

Very nice Andy B)

I am guessing that your councils didn't grit again today after the downpour? :rant:

well they couldn't even be arsed

gritting any road never mind the main A roads here!!!

Where's a 4x4 Panda when you need one ;)

Damn Lucy highjacked my Iphone - posting under wrong Id (Stanski) :blush: