Catch some real criminals....

Stew

My local bike club usually do a 'santa run' but it was banned this year (due to it's popularity) without paying for police. I mean buying presents with your own money and taking one day to deliver gifts to children in hospital, childrens homes and terminal cancer support places obviously isn't a good enough reason to supply a couple of officers.....

The easter egg run looks doubtful too, same places, same reason.

Extract from http://www.grampian.police.uk

"Grampian Police's mission is to:

Promote well-being and safety in our communities

Provide excellent, visible, accessible services

Enhance the quality of life of all those we serve"

Don't really see how it fits into a force priority. I know the papers like a good police horror story, and you'd hope they stopped them for the right reasons, but then again it was probably as someone had an improperly spaced number plate. Sometimes you have to let things slide :dry:

Extract from http://www.grampian.police.uk

"Grampian Police's mission is to:

Promote well-being and safety in our communities

Provide excellent, visible, accessible services

Enhance the quality of life of all those we serve"

Don't really see how it fits into a force priority. I know the papers like a good police horror story, and you'd hope they stopped them for the right reasons, but then again it was probably as someone had an improperly spaced number plate. Sometimes you have to let things slide :dry:

I must say that 1) Grumpians finest are actually generally not that bad and 2) The Evening Express is a crap paper

However if I was there trying to help kiddies that are dying, ill or have no families and they pulled me for having a mis spaced numberplate (or whatever) then I'd not be best pleased.....

Lads being an officer myself i can assure you theres more to the story as usual

but hey ho we get the bad press

The police are not gonna stop them for nothing :bangin:

It was probably as a whole an excellent idea with good intentions but there are always a few smegs that latch on to a good thing and wreck it for the rest of us

Well I read the paper last night as I wanted to know what had gone on.

The guys were pulled over and a police officer started pulling tinsel off a car saying 'it was ridiculous' etc. The Subaru owners came across as very hard done by however that's only one side of the story.

I does turn out one guys MOT had expired 2 days before so that was a fair £60 fine from the Police.

They did Dawn. The Subaru owners waited and for half an hour (or was it an hour???) before carrying on.

I must admit, I'd have loved to have seen the guy that they pulled over dressed as Santa in the back of the police car! :lol::lol: