Motordyne Shockwave Dual Ti (True Dual)

matth76

Found this incredible sounding exhaust

Just thought I'd share this clip with you guys. I've contacted Motordyne and they ship to the UK. Very tempted! They are held in very high regard on my350z.com with proven power gains (incredible gains in fact) and even more with an uprev remap. I need a new exhaust so this is definitely on my list.

Needs to be fited with an XYZ pipe too so you can run decats and then put in a different section in for MOT time!

Seems as there is a bit of weight saving to be had

More info here.

http://www.motordyneengineering.com/350Z_exhaust.php

More pics of Tonys world famous zed here!

http://g35driver.com/forums/intake-exha ... ps-27.html

I think Mark @ Abbey is about to get a XYZ pipe to test very soon to see if there are performance mods to be had.

Needs to be fited with an XYZ pipe too so you can run decats and then put in a different section in for MOT time!

Seems as there is a bit of weight saving to be had

More info here.

http://www.motordyneengineering.com/350Z_exhaust.php

More pics of Tonys world famous zed here!

http://g35driver.com/forums/intake-exha ... ps-27.html

I think Mark @ Abbey is about to get a XYZ pipe to test very soon to see if there are performance mods to be had.

When I contacted Motordyne they said the true dual system on their site (shown in the clip "MD Dual Shockwave Ti") includes the Y-pipe or what they call "XYZ Pipe" as part of the system. However you can buy their Y-pipe as a separate part without buying the whole system which I assume is what Mark is doing. I will be very interested too to see if Mark can prove performance gains just from their Y-pipe alone. The system is pricey at $1285, which amounts to around £800 and then £2-300 shipping at most so at least a grand. However £800-£1000 is far cheaper than other similar TD systems like Borla, HKS etc. If it really can get around 20whp gain on its own with an ecu tune (which is what some users on other forums have said) I will be very tempted and it is a true dual too which are always more exp. It does look very well made and seem to be one of the top recommended ones to go for on my350z.com where they have a lot of experience trying this kind of stuff (where it is far cheaper to buy over there than here in the UK where everything is expensive.. moan over!).

I'm not sure whether it is lighter than a similar true dual system. The system is full stainless steel but has titanium tips which are fully adjustable so they don't protrude out the back. I thought it was full titanium but Tony confirmed the material.

Here's another clip with same exhaust but stock cats.. much quieter:

Mark, if you do read this please let us know your results :)

We deal with Motordyne direct as well.

But I have never found an exhaust that will give 20bhp even with a remap thou.

I am slowly workking out what does and doesnt work on these cars, the list that doesn,t is bigger than the list that does thou.....LOL

Hi Mark

Any insight into the few modifications that are worth doing in conjunction with your uprev remap :)? I have a totally stock car at the moment but definitely need a new exhaust as stock one is blowing so that is on my list possibly also including Y pipe because I have heard the stock Y pipe is restrictive and an upgraded one can release at least 5whp and very likely high flow cats or decats, and possibly, not convinced or sure yet, MD 5/16" plenum spacer and finally the uprev remap which at £350 is amazing value. But if you can say which mods are not going to release more than 5hp then I may save my money - either way I will definitely be getting the remap to get the most from the mods because the stock ecu is restrictive and only allows ~80% throttle. Do you know when you will be getting the XYZ Y-pipe and will it be the only mod on your test car with uprev remap?

My last car, a golf vr6, I spent a LOT of money modifying it and only towards the end did I realise only one or two of the mods were actually worth doing and wished in hindsight I could have saved my money!

Cheers

Matt