Anyone's washer jets freeze this morning???

adammitch69

preperation is key :D last night i lifted the wiper blades off the screen leaving them upright, with a wad of kitchen roll taped round the washer bit ;) washers worked perfectly this morning :p

however i forgot to put the back one back down this morning so its still up now :lol:

My washers have been blcoked for 3days now. I have soaked the pipes and the jet with warm water and still nothing..

Any more ideas people??

Same dude, no sign of water from my washers in 4 days...... tried everything to coax it out but its no good...! Temps here have never gotten above 0 deg tho' :dry:

Am I the only one that goes round all the windows with warm water before I start her up? I then let the car (and the seat ;)) warm up before going over the washer tubes again with warm water. I then give the washers a go before I finally set off. That way I have no probs.

+1

Although it didn't stop them freezing up this morning! The warm water I put on froze on the wipers after a few miles :scare: Added a few litres of screeenwash this evening - no problems now.

Am I the only one that goes round all the windows with warm water before I start her up? I then let the car (and the seat ;)) warm up before going over the washer tubes again with warm water. I then give the washers a go before I finally set off. That way I have no probs.

You have to be very careful with the temperature of the water - I used to have tepid bath water which I put on my car's windscreen (a number of years ago). In the end there was one morning where the water wasn't cold enough and I got a crack in the windscreen. I get the feeling that water at 'room temperature' would be good enough for the job. However with my past experience I won't be putting water anywhere near my 350Z's windscreen.

I will be using de-icer!

Does everyone use de-icer on the door windows to allow them to open? I've taken my car out a few times in the evening and I don't really like to hear that 'crack' as I open the door......

I was fortunate last year that I was working away from home during the winter and my car was in an underground carpark overnight so I never had these problems. Not so this year as my car is parked outside off-road.