Holiday decision: help needed

Removed

Finally managed to book some dates off, not 2 full weeks though due to Debbie's job :dry: but only about 10 days.

We want to go somewhere for COMPLETE relax, forget about work etc, but we also want to go somewhere unusual.

It will be from 14 to 23 september. We thought about something along the lines of an island cottage in Finland (or just a waterways cottage, but you get the idea, flights seem a bit scarce though, esp. low cost ones), but also thought about complete relax beach holiday (Canaries were mentioned but it's true they are full of english people, or maybe there's some undiscovered island there? ) but again no usual stuff like Portugal or main Spain.

Budget is not HUGE so forget about all inclusive Maldives dream holidays ;)

Also, I am prepared to book everything separately as packages seem to be complete ripoffs tbh, from what i can see from early research

Ideas?

I have been many places in the world and have just come back from Barbados, but i remember going to Kefalonia in 87 and it was superb, planning on returning there in september, totally unspoilt and very relaxing , certainly not your typical greek island. And this as one of the best beaches i have seen Myrtos beach. :thumbs:

hmmm a bit of a nightmare to find travel and accomodation:

Found a nice apartment in Agia Efimia for a decent price, but...

due to the fact that we want to go longer than 1 week, packages are out the window as they only last 1 week. other flights seem to be expensive... hmmm will have to have a rethink :dry:

hmmm tried to get a low cost flight to Brindisi then a ferry to kefalonia... no ferries, only until the end of august.

Athens is only served by easyjet and not from the NW so no good... :dry::dry::dry:

now, there are flights to Oslo from Liverpool for about £30 return though...

hmmm tried to get a low cost flight to Brindisi then a ferry to kefalonia... no ferries, only until the end of august.

Athens is only served by easyjet and not from the NW so no good... :dry::dry::dry:

now, there are flights to Oslo from Liverpool for about £30 return though...

I went to Menorca recently and that was great. Very quite and un spoilt, served by all the low cost airlines and :sun: great weather!

various017-1.jpg

various023-1.jpg

various005.jpg

various012-1.jpg

various003.jpg

:thumbs: