So, how long do ......

ianp

................ the standard shocks last?

As I've got more used to mine (nearly a month now :D:D ) I'm wondering if they are starting to show some wear.

The car skips and bounces a little, not badly, but it doesn't feel quite as planted as newer ones I tried. That could be because I'm pushing a bit more than I dared on test drives, though :drive1 .

Car is a '55 that has done about 44k. Any views?

BC racing coilovers mate, they are pretty good and reasonably priced. Just finally got mine on last night, the car is now low, and handling much improved, even over the Eibach springs :thumbs:

I went for stiffer springs tho 12/12, which id reccomend, its still not jarringly stiff.

Yep, about 40k, but you can improve the ride just by fitting uprated antiroll bars and uprated drop links.

Love my RSR Sports I. And then loved them even more when they were set up corectly!!

:lol:

who did the setup for you? Ive got some HKS coilovers that need to be fitted in the next month or so....not quite sure how to set up coilovers...ive only ever had lowering springs on previous cars!

Yep, about 40k, but you can improve the ride just by fitting uprated antiroll bars and uprated drop links.

Love my RSR Sports I. And then loved them even more when they were set up corectly!!

:lol:

who did the setup for you? Ive got some HKS coilovers that need to be fitted in the next month or so....not quite sure how to set up coilovers...ive only ever had lowering springs on previous cars!

Mark @ Abbey... Think he runs HKS on his silver one and that car drives like its on rails... As does mine after he sorted it!

Do ARBs actually improve the cornering ability, or just the feel when cornering? With good suspension geometry, you shouldnt get a real benefit from them and my impression is that 350z's have pretty good geometry to begin with .

BC racing coilovers mate, they are pretty good and reasonably priced. Just finally got mine on last night, the car is now low, and handling much improved, even over the Eibach springs :thumbs:

I went for stiffer springs tho 12/12, which id reccomend, its still not jarringly stiff.

I've seen BCs recommended a couple of times. Anyone had them long enough to express an opinion on their quality?

I've seen BCs recommended a couple of times. Anyone had them long enough to express an opinion on their quality?

I've recently had a set fitted to my Evo mainly on the strong feedback they've received on the MLR. Even some of the very powerful cars doing Time Attack have fitted them and are very pleased with the outcome.

I have been running BC Coilovers for a few months now. Have even tracked my car with them and the handling was superb. Even on the road they take the car to the next level in terms of handling and drive ability. Also they can be setup to your own spec :thumbs:

Value for money with excellent quality which you cant beat for the price.....I got mine from CS who also fitted them :thumbs:

I have been running BC Coilovers for a few months now. Have even tracked my car with them and the handling was superb. Even on the road they take the car to the next level in terms of handling and drive ability. Also they can be setup to your own spec :thumbs:

Value for money with excellent quality which you cant beat for the price.....I got mine from CS who also fitted them :thumbs:

You'll have to give me a demo when your car has a working engine!

mine feels a little sloppy aswell, ive just topped 50k last week, im going to replace the bushes and see if that helps

I'd be interested in anyones views on relacing bushes. Do they suffer relatively quickly, and does that effect suspension movement and alignment to any great degree?