fitting HFC's advice needed

rtbiscuit

Quick question, have got hold of some second hand low milage high flow cat's, have changed them over on other cars, but was wondering beofre i dismantle them do i need anything extra.

basically can i reuse whats there, or do i need any kind of new crush gaskets or bolts?

its hopefully going in on wednesday to have the spoiler fitted, and i'm going to get them to do the cats at the same time. just wondered if i should get any extras to help. but if you can reuse the gaskets and use some exhaust paste it should be fine. im guessing the garage should have some bolts in case of any of mine rounding out.

i'll tell them about using lots of extension bars to reach etc.

i'll tell them about using lots of extension bars to reach etc.

Good call, that was how I did mine, got it up on stands and used a long extension from above, didn't take too long in the end but is a bit fiddly as there isn't much room to work on the upper bolts. Be careful of the sensor swap over as well but that can be done off the car.

Not sure if it would be an issue but it might be beneficial to get a pair of non foulers from ZMANALEX and bung them in while it's all off. I know with HFCs there shouldn't be an issue but for peace of mind it would be the time to add them!