Crazy things you have done

Emperor Ming

I have just sent a couple of messages to Chilli Red and thought this would be a good topic for a thread.

I will start it off.

As a kid I was found in the shed by my mum when I was about 6 or 7 with a packet of digestive biscuits and an opened tin of white paint dunking the biscuits into the paint like fresh milk and then eating them :scare: (Fortunatley not lead based paint!!)

or there was the time .................

Trying to remove some brake fluid from an over full resevoir having changed the pads I decided that putting a pipe into the resevoir and sucking up gently might make it a bit easier. :yuck:

The mouth full of brake fluid was dangerous enough but on checking with the Dr I found that the medication I was on made it MUCH more serious.

Fortunately I lived to fight another day.

Ming the lucky

I am sure there are loads more but over to you guys for now.

Oh dear this is going to be a bad thread I can feel it!!!

When I was very little I stayed at cousins country house in the middle of a Forrest in Poland. traditional old worlde building timberframed no electricity or indoor toilets. One night I woke up in the middle of the night desperate for a pee. I couldn't find the bowl under the bed and of course no lights.

Too scared to venture downstairs in the dark and into the back yard where there were big wooden communal toilets , I has a flash if genius!! ;)

I opened the little sash window in my bedroom and peed out onto the front of the house!! :blush:

what relief I thought, as I was doing this I heard someone walking past ! Oops hope they just thought it was rain :lol::headhurt:

Did tough guy last summer http://toughguy.co.uk/

Utter bonkers :bangin:

looks awesome :teeth:

when i was younger i thought it would be a great idea to break the rules and while on a massive safari park tree house i'd climb outside it and go hand over hand UNDER the big cargo net. the cargo net started at the height of a normal house's roof and went to the ground. Hot day, sweaty palms, one back flip right from the top and a hard landing. My left hand wasnt attached anymore at the wrist and was pointing all the wrong way :lol: broke my right wrist too and looked like id gone a good few rounds in boxing. ouchies!

Many years ago in Northern Ireland I was on Airfield patrol. We had to keep driving all night and our Sgt and Flight Sergeant could see all the airfield from their office so it was almost impossible to park up and catch 40 winks.

We used to drive old soft top 2.2 diesel landrovers. I found that if you put it on full lock, put your hand through the steering wheel and sat on your hand, put it in seond gear and pulled the manual choke out half way it would happily go round in circles all evening. from the office it looked like we were driving around the aircraft taxi area (The airfield did not fly at night so we were just guarding the military aircraft)

What I didnt realise was that this taxi area was on a slight slope and after half an hour I was woken by a massive crunch as my landrover smashed into an aircraft hanger!!

Try explaining that one!!

Ming the tired

Many years ago in Northern Ireland I was on Airfield patrol. We had to keep driving all night and our Sgt and Flight Sergeant could see all the airfield from their office so it was almost impossible to park up and catch 40 winks.

We used to drive old soft top 2.2 diesel landrovers. I found that if you put it on full lock, put your hand through the steering wheel and sat on your hand, put it in seond gear and pulled the manual choke out half way it would happily go round in circles all evening. from the office it looked like we were driving around the aircraft taxi area (The airfield did not fly at night so we were just guarding the military aircraft)

What I didnt realise was that this taxi area was on a slight slope and after half an hour I was woken by a massive crunch as my landrover smashed into an aircraft hanger!!

Try explaining that one!!

Ming the tired

its brilliant waht you do to get some shut eye on the job. sometimes i find a document so interesting at my desk i have my head in my hands in concentration :lol:;)

I was fitting some lowering springs once, and had my shock absorber in a vice on the bench. I didnt have any spring compressors, so improvised with some threaded bar, spanners and some cable ties... about half way down the compression, a spanner slipped and snapped the cable ties, and shot my spring straight off the shock, and smashed the lights in the garage, dented the roof, and almost broke my arm... :doh:

Crazy but exhilarating, this year in Europe, Swiss Alps, Passo Della Noverna, at the top of the pass, by the cabin there are 3 flag poles at the edge of the cliff. It was a windy day so I stood with my toes on the edge (bad enough) and leaned forward into the wind...