New Toyo T1Rs ONLY £92.00 Delivered

ZMANALEX

as a long term member of the if its legal il buy it. ditch magnet style. :lol: I know hardly nothing about tyres.

Can you tell me i these are any good??? Ive head of Toyo proxi's before but still cant say if im better gettin these instead of the standard bridgestones???

as a long term member of the if its legal il buy it. ditch magnet style. :lol: I know hardly nothing about tyres.

Can you tell me i these are any good??? Ive head of Toyo proxi's before but still cant say if im better gettin these instead of the standard bridgestones???

The bridgestones are one of the worst tyres I have used on anyone car ever. Toyos have much much much better grip but it is made of a soft compound so will wear away quicker.

Gilly, one of the better tyres for the Zed.

I run them in 18" and 19" for road use and absolutely brilliant in the wet.

I also use them as a wet for track use. :thumbs:

Beware, they have no specials on at the moment for 245s.

Alex.

I have them on mine - the low miles my car does means that the softer compound is not really that bigger issue for me. The difference in ride over the bridgestones (especially comparing wet performance) is great. At £92 delivered for the fronts thats a pretty good deal!

I dont understand all the comments about the bridgestones being the worst tire in the world? Nissan and Bridgestone spend a fortune on R&D and although the tire probably isnt suited for the most extreme requirements is anyone here actually qualified to comment and say they are inferior tyres?

I know a chap who was one of the ride and handling test engineers when the z was being set up for uk roads and when he did some work on my car the other week he actualy commented and said it was good to see a z with some decent tires on still not the cheap ones people seem to throw on alot of the time

I dont understand all the comments about the bridgestones being the worst tire in the world? Nissan and Bridgestone spend a fortune on R&D and although the tire probably isnt suited for the most extreme requirements is anyone here actually qualified to comment and say they are inferior tyres?

I know a chap who was one of the ride and handling test engineers when the z was being set up for uk roads and when he did some work on my car the other week he actualy commented and said it was good to see a z with some decent tires on still not the cheap ones people seem to throw on alot of the time

Only qualified by the experience of driving 15K on Bridgestones then 15k on Toyo's the Toyo is a better tyre

To be fair, I don't think the Bridgestone are actually a bad tyre, they are just not suited to every day driving in this climate. They are probably much better for track days in dry conditions as they perform much better with some heat in them. I have T1R's on they are much more suitable for everyday road driving, especially in the wet. The back end used to be much more twitchy in the wet with the Bridgestones. So I think it's a case of horses for courses. Slicks give the best grip but would be horrendous on the road and in the wet, doesn't mean they are a bad tyre, just that they need the right conditions to perform.

Its fairly well known that the Stones are not well suited for climate here with daily driving. In the wet they are pretty aweful. I will give them their dues, they are better on the limit that Proxes, by virtue they give more feedback, but they lack overall grip in the wet. In the dry however, especially when warm on a track, they are a cracking tyre and will stand up to more punishment than Proxes. To get the same performance as Proxes in the wet and Stones in the dry you have to be looking at something like PS2s. So for best comprimise most go for what they will use the most which is Proxes as they suit most daily driving conditions better than the Stones.

+1 on the Toyos - such a difference to the B-stones. :thumbs:

For me they've been ideal - even with a track day - I just increased the pressure a tiny bit (from cold) to counter-act any roll on the sidewalls - Alex looked horrified but it worked for me ;)

I know I'm not going to get the mileage out of them I would've done the B-stones but its a trade off for comfort and less road noise as I seem to spend my life in the car :teeth:

If I ever get the chance of a dry track day (unlikely up here) then I'd like to try B-stones again just to see if they are as good as reported for dry track use.

:drive1

Too late now though, shame.

Yea i called em after not being able to find them online. Is the company in the uk because the voice wasn't.

Did manage to find them for £126 on ctyres, better than £150 for stones at work. :thumbdown:

although there is pzero's for £130 there too.

http://www.ctyres.co.uk/partsa.php?size=225/45/18&query=price%20asc

now thats a tyre i have heard off.