K1 Fitted - Now cannot hear!

captain

What I dont get is virtually all Zeds are the same underneath, so why dont they just make them to fit? One hits the sub frame, the other one dosnt! QC dosnt sound great...

That is exactly the issue, K1's are a copy of a copy, and they are cheap because the manufacturing tolerances seem to be about 2cm!!!! That way none of them fail QC and no money is lost binning dodgy ones....

K1 is loud, but not really loud. The buddy club i have made 99.7Db at 3500rpm constant at coombe, so i 'just' got through the 100Db sound test. Flyby will be a LOT louder than this, and i still dont find the exhaust to be that loud really.

JWT pop charger but the noise/vibration is coming from the rear left (guessing) round about where the spare wheel sits. I've ordered some sound-proofing but if that doesn't work, I'm back to the standard zorst.

What sound proofing have you ordered, this can be an expensive and time consuming mistake if not done right and with the right products.

PS, +1 on what CS said. My K1 sat on the cross brace for a while but i had it adjusted and it's fine now. It's still loud but there is a noticable volume improvement in the cabin. You need to make sure its not contacting with any of the underbody otherwise it sets up very loud vibrations and the whole cabin resonates. Regarding build quality, they are not great, but then they are very good value. My exhaust just needed an extra pair of hands and a little patience and it fits just fine. I drive with bungs in and i have no issues with it's volume, i'm totally used to it, and i love the pitch at high revs - now bungs out is a different matter :surrender: