I'm pretty sure this isn't right.....

UNABASHED

my belts have been squeaking a little of late and so thought I'd look at getting them swapped over this week. Just took a look at them and one seems to be decidedly smaller than the other - this is not normal surely?? I was under the impression that the belts are of similar width?

also, correct me if I'm wrong but the right belt is the A/C belt?

comparrison....

PICT0090.jpg

nice chubby belt...

PICT0087.jpg

skinny poorly belt...

PICT0089.jpg

Is the rest of that belt not in the undertray. As gunmetalzgt said, looks like its seperated and agree it looks like its on the wrong way round. Have a look for the gates ones, think andlid just bought some the other day and the part numbers are on the pic he posted.

The belts are different sizes and the one on the right is the aircon and is about 12 mm diameter.

The air con belt has turned on the pulleys so you will have to find the cause.

I have new belts and preowned pulleys good to go next day of you need them. :thumbs:

Alex.

been on the blower to Nissan for most part of this morning...

I call up asking for the price of replacement aux belts for a 2003 JDM 350z, and also a price for having them fitted.

Firstly they don't know what part codes for the belts, that's okay i told them - I already have them. ooh no that would be way to simple! They need to find out the part codes on there super dooper computer, ok so what do you need from me I ask? They want me reg, I give them it, they want my chassis number, I give them it. I'm then told that that is not my chassis number! After a a few head scracthing minutes and a chat with the supervisor they realise that it is in fact my chassis number and now they also need a model number. Ok, ill go out in the rain and get it I tell them, even though i have the part numbers for the belts written down in front of me!! 10 wet minutes later and I call back, craig has gone on break I'm told, ok so i call back in another 10 minutes. I give all numbers required, the nunmbers are wrong he says! I stress to him that the numbers are not wrong and it may well be the computer or user that is wrong? he gets supervisor again who comes on saying 'ahhh, its an import!' yes just like I said in the very first 10 seconds of the call!!! Im told that the numbers are okay and they will call back with prices after the com,puter searches for them!

10 minutes later I get a call back, they found the belts on the computer and guess what - exactly the same part code as i had lol :clap:

they tell me it will be £20.51 for aircon belt, £17.041 for alt belt, I ask how much for the fitting and they have to transfer me to service desk, get transferred - they dont understand what im talking about, speak to another person in service dept and im asked for all chassis and model numbers again! finally they tell me that they can;t find my car with the details supplied and need to find someone who can help and will call back.

A further 10 minutes pass and the call comes in, they have the price for fitting the belts and it will be £92.41 to get - so thats a total of £130 to buy and fit the belts!

To end the conversation nicely I'm then told that they have received a ntoe from parts saying that both belts are on back order so they cant supply or fit them anyway!! What an utter waste of time! :rant: