Problem with BOSE radio

specialk

I have an intermittent problem with my BOSE radio. Once a month or so, while listening to CDs (doesn't happen with radio), the CD will stop playing and the unit displays "ALARM". If I turn it off for 5 or 10 minutes, the problem goes away. If I turn off and back on immediately, the problem persists. Any ideas what the ALARM means and how I can fix it?

Cheers,

Karol

Common fault on the stereo I think. Worth paying extra for the GT pack wasn't it.

Tell me about it. The leather is nice though :)

maybe an overheating component, but would have thought this would happen more often

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. Whenever I do short trips, I tend to listen to radio (as I stay within reach of my fav station) but if I go further away then I'll listen to CDs and that happens probably about once a month so may well add up with what you're saying. Might also explain why it doesn't happen with the radio.

Drop a pm to R35LEE, he repairs them and may be able top help

Thanks, will do.

Before buying the 350 I read through the list of the common faults and have been looking out for them. Not one so far. I do have a couple of problems which don't show up on those lists though. Just my luck :angry:

No biggies really but here goes...

The polystyrene (or whatever it is exactly) in the boot, under the carpet, which surrounds the wheel and tools has cracked and the crack has grown that it's actually now split into two (not sure if that makes sense, I can try and get some pics later). It's a bit like unpacking something, you can never put it back together. What I'm getting at is that the two parts now don't fit together so can't get it to be quite flat.

Also, and not sure if it's related, but the tools in the boot also seem to make a lot of clacking noise. It happens either if I drive it hard or the road is somewhat uneven (which is sadly rather common in London). I can only imagine it's due to them moving about or something. I think I'll just end up stuffing the tool area full of old t-shirts :teeth:

One last thing though it's not really a problem, more of an annoyance and don't know if they're all like that or mine has an issue but the windscreen wiper on the back window can't be raised like the front wipers.