Any recomended tuning shops in the south?

Simon+Kat

Cheers Chris, that sounds good. You cant beat recomendations from enthusiasts. Someplaces have very slick websites so you assume they know what they are doing but areoften cowboys.

TBH, from what I've seen, a lack of a website, or an especially cack looking one, usually means they are very good mechanics! :lol: Ditto when you see a workshop and it looks like a shed, usually means they are good :)

Cheers Chris, that sounds good. You cant beat recomendations from enthusiasts. Someplaces have very slick websites so you assume they know what they are doing but areoften cowboys.

TBH, from what I've seen, a lack of a website, or an especially cack looking one, usually means they are very good mechanics! :lol: Ditto when you see a workshop and it looks like a shed, usually means they are good :)

slightly unscientific method, but not an inaccurate one, the performance place near me has a webiste, but it only works on certain internet browsers. they don't really advertise and i found them by accident. but their work is excellent.

slightly unscientific method, but not an inaccurate one, the performance place near me has a webiste, but it only works on certain internet browsers. they don't really advertise and i found them by accident. but their work is excellent.

Yup totally unscientific, but in most places I have been to, quite true :lol:

Hard to tune the zed without a piggyback or a reflash so as others have said, depends on what you want.

If its a remap then there are only 2 places in the country doing remaps using uprev and that rs tuning and abbey. If its a piggy back then it all depends on what your tuner is used to using, but also if they know the zed..

Personally for me, speak to Mark @ Abbey about uprev tuning, had some nice gains with mine :)

go have a search on the forum there are lots of threads on it already, but the basics of it is,

go to abbey pay £350 get a dyno run before tune up and 2nd dyno run and about an hour of tuning andf tweeking time leaving your car with more midrange torque and a bit more power.

sorry for the basic questions but im still new to performance cars having been always into quck bikes, so my cars were always there to get the groceries really. How much does a remap typcally cost and what are the gains?

it costs a bit more on the car to make it go quicker then a bike :teeth:

It all depends on what you want done, abbey seems to do a good deal read more here:

viewtopic.php?f=114&t=27916

I paid 450€ for a tune that took about 4-5 hours but that was a 'cheap' quote due to very low season over here. Was quoted double that previously. ( :scare: )

What bits and bobs have you done to your car? Wouldnt bother tuning it if you've not done something to it. Normal stuff is to get a plenum spacer and a differnent intake and exhaust/cats.

A.