Wisdom teeth

nixy

I am currently suffering with a poorly wisdom tooth problem and have to be referred to hospital to have it out (where was Greekman when i needed him?)

Tarmac made it sound worthwhile by suggesting i may get lots of days off work! :lol:

Anyone else had there's done in hospital? Give me your horror stories - I could do with a laugh!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OH you big whiner :p:lol::bleh:

well first they hit you over the head with a stick to distract the pain from the HUGE set of red hot clamps they use. if the tooth isnt visible they use a cheese grater to cut away at the gum :scare::scare: ive not had it done but god it does sound horrible doesnt it :cry:

I hate dentists (love greekman tho lol), i had all 3 wisodm teeth and one other tooth all taken out at the same time in hospital and it was so much better than going to the dentist. You get some lovely drugs, your own bed, and before you know it done and you can go home to relax for a few days. You will be fine Nix just get it done quick and you will wonder what all the fuss was about.

I had all 4 done earlier this year in hosiptal. It was fine though I got a GA and woke up with no teeth and a numb face. It was numb for days though and wasn't a good look. The only annoying bit was the stitches were unravelling and they were irratating but i couldn't pull them out.

It was sore a few times but it was fine after about 2 weeks.

R

:lol: see that DID make me laugh (but it hurt........)

I also need volunteers to look after me and feed me ice cream afterwards - preferably Ben and Jerry's Phish Food. :lol:

i have a tub but its all mine :p :P some silly soul introduced me too it now i cant get enough of the stuff!!! :cloud9:

apparently the cow one is nice too :shrug:

I had all 4 done earlier this year in hosiptal. It was fine though I got a GA and woke up with no teeth and a numb face. It was numb for days though and wasn't a good look. The only annoying bit was the stitches were unravelling and they were irratating but i couldn't pull them out.

R

All four? :scare:

did you have to eat babyfood with a straw?

R

No you just nibble stuff with your front teeth like a hamster :lol:

R

it can't be worse than when i had my tonsils out - they don't let you home until you can eat toast and a granny smiths apple! :lol:

I still was determined to go out clubbing (young and silly) and at one point swallowed a mouthfull of water and it came straight down my nose! I must have subconsciously avoided my throat! :lol:

R

No you just nibble stuff with your front teeth like a hamster :lol:

R

:lol::lol:

it can't be worse than when i had my tonsils out - they don't let you home until you can eat toast and a granny smiths apple! :lol:

I still was determined to go out clubbing (young and silly) and at one point swallowed a mouthfull of vodka and it came straight down my nose! I must have subconsciously avoided my throat! :lol:

:surrender:

I had one out at the dentists earlier this year and remember someone telling me to stop being a wuss. :lol:

My dentist is very very good and as it had a very strange root pattern he couldnt use brute force. He simply dismantled it in my mouth and took it out in pieces. Straight out of the chair and into my car to go shopping. :teeth:

:lol: see that DID make me laugh (but it hurt........)

I also need volunteers to look after me and feed me ice cream afterwards - preferably Ben and Jerry's Phish Food. :lol:

i have a tub but its all mine :p :P some silly soul introduced me too it now i cant get enough of the stuff!!! :cloud9:

apparently the cow one is nice too :shrug:

the cherry one is very nice :snack:

I still was determined to go out clubbing (young and silly) and at one point swallowed a mouthfull of water and it came straight down my nose! I must have subconsciously avoided my throat!

:lol:

My guy does the occasional filling without the dreaded needle so he has to be gentle. ;) I know there are many with horor stories but I would rather go to the dentist than Tesco. Its a good chance to lay down and chill. In the many years I have being seeing him he has never hurt me.

Guess I am just lucky. :)

My lower ones have grown in sideways ( impacted I think it's called ?! ) but don't give me any bother.

The dentist said he'd be reluctant to take them out as there is a possibility of nerve damage , losing taste sensation , damaging other teeth during surgery and a few other things that didn't make whipping them out sound like my preferred option ! :D

My lower ones have grown in sideways ( impacted I think it's called ?! ) but don't give me any bother.

The dentist said he'd be reluctant to take them out as there is a possibility of nerve damage , losing taste sensation , damaging other teeth during surgery and a few other things that didn't make whipping them out sound like my preferred option ! :D

Yeah that's the same as mine have been..................until now!

Had one taken out last year, few injections in the gum to make numb then he just gripped it with some device and yanked it out. The roots were massive, felt no pain. Just put a swab in after to help the blood to gel up in the hole created and that was it. It was absolutely no big deal :)

I think I had THE Worst experience with wisdom teeth ... well with one in particular anyway.

When it first started to appear it was comming out horizontally and causing a lot of discomfort to my other teeth and jaw on that side ... The dentist reccomended that I wait until the tooth had fuly emerged before having it removed ... :dry:

So I had to wait for about 3 months until they would book me into the hospital for the extraction ... by which time the tooth had started to decay ... so I had to wait another 6 months for the hospital appointment to come around ... and now the tooth was causing me MAJOR pain ... :rant:

I got tired of waiting for the NHS appointment so booked myself in for an extraction privately ... but luckily a few days before the private treatment I was given the oportunity to have it done early due to a cancellation! :yahoo:

I had to have it removed under general anesthetic as it was in an awkward position ... but was so glad that it was finally out!