Health & Safety snoops allowed into UK Homes

Indyzed

i can see it being good if it was an optional service offered to new families when they have their first kid to help the family access the home and make it safe. i for one had never heard of temperature regulators for taps, but cans ee how it might stop kids scolding themselves.

but to make it a no questions asked government home invasion does some what make my blood boil. :rant:

i agree that H&S should be provided, but its my choice if i choose to use it or not.

some jobs i'm just safer without the protective equipment as i have more control on the machine. like the push stick for the circular saw, we also have them for bandsaws. some times useful sometimes a nusance.

Got to say on the kids front it would be a way to help stop child abuse, so much stuff goes on without ever being reported. Having the H+S people enter the home out of neccesity would probably bring to light a few things that may have never been seen behind closed doors.

For the other reasons they have outlined its just ridiculous, I can see from an NHS point of view that this would help cut costs at their end with not having to deal with so many home accidents and injurys, but for anything else its crazy.

Reading that and moving past the ZOMG NANNY STATE bullshit, it's no different to what happens now. If a child is thought to be at risk then someone has to be allowed access to view the accommodation they're living in, and all this new guidance (and that's all it is, guidance not law) will allow them to do is to pass comment over things like grates in front of gas fires, bottles of bleach kept in cupboards and not on the side etc, basically common sense stuff any decent parent will be doing anyway. If you live like a pikey in a shitty council house full of rubbish and crap that's blatantly a death trap for kids, then I'd want the appropriate services involved and doing all they can.

Honestly, sometimes the Times is as bad as the Mail for this kind of thing. And to think people mock the Sun for crap journalism...!