Joint National Meet (all Z's together) possibilty

Guest prescience

Why do you always say that?

The principle 'OF TWO COMMUNITIES HAVING A JOINT MEET' with recognition to p15 for promoting it

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did think we were aiming toward a 2006 meet to be honest. I hopethis is the case, hence my suggestion of people putting forward proposed dates.

I think the chosen venue is OK. perhaps we can look for local entertainment around the selected venue?

First item after the proposed venue would be date - then we can work on activities. Of course if the concensus is that there are not enough activities, then perhaps a venue could be altered - but that is a bridge we can cross when/if we get to it.

Ive emailed P15 and told him that we will get an opinion on timing/date from here and compare over email - its going to be difficult enough to organise on one community, let alone two or more, so as long as we keep together over key points such as date/time etc it should be possible to arrange a joint meet.

With that in mind - whats peoples views on dates?

1: Chesterfield

2: Sarnie (If it dont rain )

3: lomoto (even if it rains )

4: Digsy (I've got a brolly! )

5: TheMinel

6: AndyC

7: Jacko

8: Liam

9: M13KYF

10: Patto

11: IT10 (I'm on the other site too, but this is a great idea)

12: Leebar

Why do you always say that?

The principle 'OF TWO COMMUNITIES HAVING A JOINT MEET' with recognition to p15 for promoting it

because your evening posts seem extremely hard to decipher, that's why, as opposed to your daily posts.

still, 2007 is too far away, it doesn't take a year to organise something like this :)

principle is all good otherwise we wouldn't be here discussing the details and trying to refine them ;)

Guest prescience
If this is the case, perhaps we could all look around fora venue that is a possibility for 2006?

What about a camp site with local amenities and entertainment?

Thats seems a great idea if the 'National Meet' is in 2007 and guys here are keen for an earlier meet with different entertainment, why not :D

If this is the case, perhaps we could all look around fora venue that is a possibility for 2006?

What about a camp site with local amenities and entertainment?

Thats seems a great idea if the 'National Meet' is in 2007 and guys here are keen for an earlier meet with different entertainment, why not :D

+1

I did think we were aiming toward a 2006 meet to be honest. I hopethis is the case, hence my suggestion of people putting forward proposed dates.

I think the chosen venue is OK. perhaps we can look for local entertainment around the selected venue?

First item after the proposed venue would be date - then we can work on activities. Of course if the concensus is that there are not enough activities, then perhaps a venue could be altered - but that is a bridge we can cross when/if we get to it.

Ive emailed P15 and told him that we will get an opinion on timing/date from here and compare over email - its going to be difficult enough to organise on one community, let alone two or more, so as long as we keep together over key points such as date/time etc it should be possible to arrange a joint meet.

With that in mind - whats peoples views on dates?

I think that the OC bods are concerned that if we push to have this in the near future it may detract away from there meet which I think is their main concern.

I'm well up for something this year but to get everyone together we need to ensure it does not impinge on the other meet :thumbs:

A camp site kinda thing would be good for camping amenities etc :thumbs:

not camping anywhere near september or october guys... NOT a good idea

surely this is not going to detract from any other meet thay have in mind, considering it's restricted to only a max number of what, 200 members? surely the more the better for all owners?

Guest prescience

I think that the OC bods are concerned that if we push to have this in the near future it may detract away from there meet which I think is their main concern.

I'm well up for something this year but to get everyone together we need to ensure it does not impinge on the other meet :thumbs:

A camp site kinda thing would be good for camping amenities etc :thumbs:

Sarnie, fair play for being instrumental in this but that restriction, whilst practically probably unimportant, should have no bearing - the OC have their meet, fair enough, but if that happened (unlikely) to be the best weekend for a meet here (who knows why), then the two should not be linked. As I say unlikely anyhow

So 2007 is out, that leaves

Aug... too early!

Sept..... out (clashes with OC members meet)

Oct, Nov, Dec better bring a few 4X4's, as for camping?!?!

Like Dorian said very eloquently it's the principle, 2007 looks a better proposition to me!

Gents

Am I missing something. The National meet on the OC is in sept, why are we not joining in on that one, as seems silly to have 2 national meets in the same year.

I would not go to both is there was 2, and I am sure there would be many in the same boat.

As we just missing out on the 2006 national meet and have one in 2007.

Steve

Guys I read with real interest your comments and thoughts on a proposed date.

Firstly we must appreciate that....

August is bad for two reasons. 1. It is too soon to organise. 2. Too many people might be on holiday.

September is out simply because the OC has its National Meeting during the middle of that month. I am sorry but my priorities are in that direction and I will not change.

Valerio, I think, pointed out that October might be bad. I agree with him as the weather is not so good from then on.

It is for those reasons I have my mind set on 2007. Ok Ok you may think 2007 is a long way off but it really is not. Duxford only hold car meetings weekends twice a year. I think the first is around May and the second is in August, so you see that if we go for Duxford the meeting cannot be before May (roughly) 2007.

I am sorry if you feel this is too long to wait but that is the way it is. Now I am happy to keep this going if you want me to but should anyone wish to hold a joint meeting before the end of 2006 then I say 'more power to you'. If you want a 2006 meeting then I am happy to go along with the idea if someone else wants to organise it. Guys I do not wish to seem a killjoy but I just cannot do it in the time available for the reasons stated above.

Please bear with me on this one and lets see what happens. If anyone wants a karting day then maybe, just maybe, I know someone that will be willing to help me on this issue. Come on please go along with the general idea of a meeting for 2007 and lets iron out the finer points later.

I know that we cannot please everyone but I will work with you all to try to accommodate the wishes of as many people as possible.

Gents

Am I missing something. The National meet on the OC is in sept, why are we not joining in on that one, as seems silly to have 2 national meets in the same year.

I would not go to both is there was 2, and I am sure there would be many in the same boat.

As we just missing out on the 2006 national meet and have one in 2007.

Steve

Good point Steve :) But without a funding contribution they’re not interested :blush:

Steve suggest you read the posts that have already discussed this?

The words walk and run spring to mind!

I think most members on both sites would like this to happen, lets make it work , not be obstructive?

I don't think we have to be restricted to the location as P15 says it's only feasible for next year. I mentioned Otober is not good for camping, but we do have lovely B&Bs in this Country and why not use them for a night?

my suggestion is October and B&B (subsidised, try and get a discount for booking the full place mabye, somthing along those lines) full weekend, including activities that actually involves cars and/or driving, afterall we are talking about car enthusiasts aren't we?