Car gone into the bodyshop. **new progress pics**

nrenz123

I Have had to wait a few weeks to get the car into the bodyshop to get the nismo n2 kit I bought fitted.

So I dropped the car off this morning after removing the front bumper and side skirts, they have said I should have her back Monday at the latest. It's the nismo n2 with n1 skirts and spats.

I decided to have the spats blended into the rear bumper and to have the "mouth" of the front bumper done in gloss black, with the central horizontal bar pained body colour.

I can't wait to get her back and shall post up some pics asap.

Went down today to see how they were getting on, the rear spats have been bonded on and are in the process of being blended into the rear bumper. The skirts and bumper have been primed and all the imperfections removed.

They said the lip of the skirts along the side of the car where the door closes is a bit out but they are going to sort this for me but other than that they said the kit fits pretty well.

I think they are painting everything tomorrow so i might pop down again just before they close.

Still looking good to pick it up saturday and i cant wait :D

It's a local garage mate, i've been there a few times and they seem a tidy bunch. They have said i can pop in whenever i want to check how they are getting on so im in almost every day :)

Going to pop in one last time this afternoon then will pick her up tomorrow :)

Might see if i can take some pics this afternoon, they will be off my phone so will be poo though.

Hmmm question.... do i get the "canards" fitted?

I think they would look ok if i had a spoiler fitted too but i think they will look a bit out of place a the moment.

I would do them gloss black to match the colour that the "mouth" of the bumper is going to be.

Just popped down to drop off the number plate and the front nissan badge. Should have it back by the end of the day, they just have a few little bits to polish and finish off.

Really happy with how it is turning out... apart from the fact the wheels look tiny now lol.

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

Cheers guys :) i think im definately going to struggle with speed bumps. There are loads on the RAF camp where i work so i think im going to have to to a few test runs about with a spotter :p

I'm going to swap the Nissan badges for some of the black Z bagdes from envy, i'd like to get hold of one of the metal nismo badges to go in the recess at the bottom of the bumper too.

Personally i hate canards Nath, leave it smooth. Why don't you do a poll on here and see what others think?

+1. I'm having a Nismo Version 1 fitted purely because i didn't like the look of the canards on the N2 version. I am having the LED reflectors on the bumper fitted at the same time :yahoo: Will post a picture when i get it back next week.