Installing Bose sub and amp

geoff-r

Hi guys, I've had a good look around the forum and it's been a great eye opener! I may have missed this and I fully expect to be re-directed to the correct section, but as the title states I want to know how to fit the Bose sub and amp into a car that didn't come with one from the factory? I have the sub and the amp but before I go tearing apart my lovely new car I want to know, is the wiring present? And if not what do I need to get it all fitted? I love the system in there at the moment but I feel, especially after going in a mate's car that has the Bose sub, that I want the bass mine lacks. Thanks for any info in advance.

Are you saying you have Bose, but not the sub and amp? If so that should be quite easy to wire in. If you dont have the Bose HU, you will need that too, and the amp for it, and god knows how much wiring. Better off getting an aftermarket HU and sub :surrender:

And moved to ICE section :thumbs:

Thanks for moving the post to the relevant section. I don't have the Bose HU though. I suppose that does pose a problem. It's all well and good saying get an aftermarket HU but to be honest with you I quite like everything on my dash matching, sad as it may seem. I would rather an OEM install. So just to confirm I will need the Bose HU, and the wires definately aren't there already?

mmmm tape player haha, I wonder how they justify putting that in an 07 car! Still even if there are some nice double din units I'd still have to whack a sub in the boot which I really don't fancy. I suppose I really need to explore my options on this one.

Sub will fit in the space where the Bose goes...

10" one is fine.. Kenwood make a nice shallow one which will fit..

If you stick with stock and put other componants in then you will need an amp as the stock clarion (BTW the bose HU is a Clarion too) is about as usless as a chocolate fireguard when it comes to being a true audio device... BTW the bose has no Ipod input either...

Oh and replace the speakers too as they are made of paper!

Sub will fit in the space where the Bose goes...

10" one is fine.. Kenwood make a nice shallow one which will fit..

If you stick with stock and put other componants in then you will need an amp as the stock clarion (BTW the bose HU is a Clarion too) is about as usless as a chocolate fireguard when it comes to being a true audio device... BTW the bose has no Ipod input either...

Oh and replace the speakers too as they are made of paper!

+1 absolutely shocked when i ripped mine out :scare:

• 2 weeks later...