(Potential buyer) Convertible '03 350Z

Cav

Hi all,

I'm a potential buyer for the 350Z and after test driving it today I can honestly say I definitely want one! :lol:

The Z I was looking at today was a convertible '03 reg version. It had leather seats, bodykit and Bose sound system and (apparently) heated seats. The question is the dealer claims it is a GT model

but isn't listing it as one of the website http://www.ajsutton-carsales.co.uk/13308/stocklist.htm and nowhere on the paperwork (it's an import) does it state that it's a GT. Just a bit worried about being mugged off.

Also, what are your thoughts on an '03 convertible? Should I opt for a more modern version, perhaps with a hardtop?

Many thanks guys, sorry if these questions have been answered before.

-Andy

welcome to the forum.

The GT model is only for non import models, The imports have either the S, T, ST and one other which i cant remember off hand. It should have this on the paperwork with the car (MOT, Tax etc) Also did the garage import it, or did the previous owner? if so get the Import information as this will also tell you what model, and the condition it was in when they recieved it.

Have a look at the model specs list on the forum it will give you a bit more in detail information :thumbs:

If your not so desperate to get one straight away it might be worth waiting until something comes up on here, at least that way you know the car will have been looked after.

Depending on your budget i would always go for a newer hard top but thats only because the convertibles dont appeal to me so much. Its really going to be down to personal taste and how long your intending on keeping it.

Unless your 100% on the softtop version I would test drive the couple. Again I think you'll get a newer UK GT spec for the cash that dealer wants.

You choice at the end of the day, all the Z's are ace mate...Just buy the best you can and if your not 100% sure you can always get a RAC or AA inspection for peace of mind. :teeth:

Alexz

:welcome: to the forum

Did they make ragtops in 2003??

2005 they came out in uk and japan probably 2004 so.....?

If your after a softtop you will NOT be disapointed. I just wanted a ragtop again and the zed is perfect it's got the best of both worlds,it's actually quite a rare car and you can't beat the noise with the roof down. Personally I would shop around and wait a while mate. Price seems a bit steep to me. :thumbs:

Thanks all for the advice and warm welcome. :thumbs:

I thought the price was a little steep myself to be honest, although bearing in mind it is an automatic I'm guessing that ups the price a bit but yeah. I'm definitely keeping an eye out to see what comes up though, on these forums and elsewhere.

Another question though, going for a second-hand 350z; what would be the upper limit to the mileage I should look for? This one caught my eye as it's only in its 20k's but a lot of the other ones I see for sale are 45k+

Thanks again and sorry for the newbish questions!

-Andy

Thanks all for the advice and warm welcome. :thumbs:

I thought the price was a little steep myself to be honest, although bearing in mind it is an automatic I'm guessing that ups the price a bit but yeah. I'm definitely keeping an eye out to see what comes up though, on these forums and elsewhere.

Another question though, going for a second-hand 350z; what would be the upper limit to the mileage I should look for? This one caught my eye as it's only in its 20k's but a lot of the other ones I see for sale are 45k+

Thanks again and sorry for the newbish questions!

-Andy

As long as its got a full service history mileage wont matter they are pretty rock solid cars.

Mines on 54K now and its still as tight as the day I got it! :thumbs:

In some cases a car that has been stood around over a period of years is'nt always a good thing - keep em regularly used if you can. Remember the service interval is 9K miles so not long really :D