Rx8 or 350z please help me decide !!

If u need to have more than 1 passenger, and their big enough to not need a child seat but shorter than 4.5ft the RX8 is the obvious choice, otherwise 350Z (in my opinion) is the superior car in pretty much all respects.

The RX8 is very thirsty on both oil and fuel and if you leave them sitting for any time at all the battery seems to run down (worked as a car salesman at a place that had a Mazda dealer and ones on forecourt always needed jumped). Also I find the RX8 quite tight for headroom where as there is plenty in the 350Z but thats obviously only a problem for taller people.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking between the two same cars and test drove both, im obviously going to say the zed but ill explain my reason. The Zed has a much more muscle car feel to it, the sound of the V6 is awesome, and to drive you really cant have more fun in another car. its also very reliable and has hardly any serious faults as long as its treated well. The RX8 has a Rotary engine that will apparently drink as much oil as petrol, it requires much more maintenance as my parents had one for a while and they were always taking it to the garage for services. To drive its very smooth and the handling is very good with a stylish interior (to me anyway), but it lacked that raw power that the Zed has.

Dont get me wrong both cars are good but without understanding what kind of driver you are and what type of car you enjoy driving its hard to choose, it will come down to the one that ticks more boxes.

Completely agree, also the rotary requires are-build at I think approx 50k

I was looking between the two same cars and test drove both, im obviously going to say the zed but ill explain my reason. The Zed has a much more muscle car feel to it, the sound of the V6 is awesome, and to drive you really cant have more fun in another car. its also very reliable and has hardly any serious faults as long as its treated well. The RX8 has a Rotary engine that will apparently drink as much oil as petrol, it requires much more maintenance as my parents had one for a while and they were always taking it to the garage for services. To drive its very smooth and the handling is very good with a stylish interior (to me anyway), but it lacked that raw power that the Zed has.

Dont get me wrong both cars are good but without understanding what kind of driver you are and what type of car you enjoy driving its hard to choose, it will come down to the one that ticks more boxes.

Completely agree, also the rotary requires are-build at I think approx 50k

I think that's RX7's. :)

Oh dear poor old RX8's getting a beating again .... :shrug:

The RX7 engines apparently needed to be rebuilt on a regular basis (old tech -high power!) the RX8 engine in my opinion is a fab design and treated well should last.

Dont tarnish them all because people are too lazy to do regular maintenance checks ! Yes there are loads of RX8's on Mazda forecourts because of the running costs , the road tax and because people think they will sponteously combust!

There are also 350Z's lined up on dealer forecourts because of the tax the running costs and because nobody wants to buy a big gas guzzling sports car when they are struggling to pay the mortgage during a recession!

There are Z4's lined up on dealer forecourts for the same reason etc etc etc and so it goes on.

Any car sat on a forecourt for any length of time will get a flat battery and also have you seen they way salesmen treat cars lined up on forecourts! Surprised the poor mites still work after they have had the @rse revved past its limits from cold! :surrender:

Sorry felt the need to stand up for RX8's again :console: